Why am I not seeing any engagement?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I not seeing any engagement?

With over 300 enrollments in 2 days, there is 0 engagement. 0 minutes taught.

Is this normal?

6 Replies

Hi @knihT , welcome to the community!

Since Udemy is a platform where students learn at their own pace, it is normal for students to wait until they have time to start the course.

For example, it's common for students to enroll in free courses and courses offered during promotional campaigns who do not start the course immediately. Student engagement will likely increase over time. With the Student Satisfaction Analytics instructors can see where students are dropping off in lectures.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. I am not authorized to see that page.

It's normal if these 300 enrollments were due to your course being free or from coupons offering the course for free. When a course is offered for free, everybody under the sun seems to sign up, whether or not they really have any interest in the topic.

It's been my experience that most people who acquire a course for free never even start the course. I have no idea why this is. Maybe it's because people just like acquiring free courses.

Thank for the answer. I guess you guys do a lot of promoting and waiting.

one way we could change this is to make the platform more competitive to students by making a module similar to the Student satisfacory Analitics availible to them and the could see their progression and and want to complete it sooner and get the best badges availible.

please check my new post about an idea that may fix this, and make the students more competitive.

@knihT wrote:

With over 300 enrollments in 2 days, there is 0 engagement. 0 minutes taught.

Is this normal?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors