Wondering if anyone else uses Powerpoint to create their courses as I have.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering if anyone else uses Powerpoint to create their courses as I have.

Hi I've created a course in 2010 Powerpoint as I was told you can do that.  Has anyone else used powerpoint and could give my some help on what I'm doing wrong..   I created my whole course 54 slides with naration over the top of each slide..  for some reason It works find and you can hear all the audio, but when I save it to video file I can't hear the audio..   Plus I can't actually save it in MP4.  When I try to up load it in the window wmv file udemy says file upload failed..   Does anyone have any information that might help me... Thank you..  

4 Replies

Hi @ShaunPoole67, we have a support article that explains how to convert a Powerpoint 2010+ presentation to video. You can check it out here.

Hope it helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Thank you Abbie,  I'll check it out.. cheers. 

I use PP. I create the slides, import them into my video editor, record audio on my phone, then add the audio and drag the slides down to the timeline to create the PP presentation. Then I produce it and it becomes an MP4 file. I am getting close to publishing my first course! Yipee!

LL

Wow that's great to hear Lizzy...  I have finished my first course but am having such a hard time uploading it ..  I to have don'e it the same way you have.  Except when I'm uploading my videos it keeps saying ... upload failed.  I thought it must be the way I was doing my design but I to are doing it exactly as you are..  I save my as video but it saves as an WMV file as it's finished in Windows movie maker.. but it says the files can be uploaded in MP4,  MOV, or WMV.  files. I record my Audio using a studio Audio package as my back ground was with bands.  I'm working with Support at the moment trying to find out what I'm doing wrong or if there is something else going on.   Lizzy thanks for your relply and good luck with your course wish you all the best.  When I find out what's going on I will let you know, just anycase it can help you too.  Cheers. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors