You have 8 seconds to hook your audience.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

You have 8 seconds to hook your audience.

We have very short attention spans, a recent survey my Microsoft suggested that the average attention span is 8 seconds and YouTube suggests it is 5 seconds.

The reality of this is if you haven't caught their attention with your promo and free videos within these first precious seconds..... they go away most likely never to return.

Quick tips for those first precious seconds to keep them watching you.

• A quick "how to" message that answers a question for them. e.g. "Are you looking to create dynamic......
  • Try to add an honest reason why they should join you with personal experience, or course numbers. e.g. "Join me as I have 25 years....., 
  • Don't waste time. 
  • Check out promo videos from some of Udemys top instructors and learn from them.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
3 Replies
Robin_Slee
Community Champion

TLDR.... You lost me after 7 seconds!!

Only joking, great tips Sharon and very true! Make it dramatic, impactful and leave a desire to continue...

Hi @SharonRamel 

Do you have sources in which I can read up more on the attention spans of persons? Found this can be the case for some classes we teach in the physical environment at times.

Robin_Slee
Community Champion

Check out the following page. Very insightful. Hope it helps? Regards, Rob.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_span

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!