ZERO SALES IN ONE MONTH!: Tales of a struggling instructor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZERO SALES IN ONE MONTH!: Tales of a struggling instructor

Go to solution

Hello fellow instructors. After years of being a student and learner at udemy, I decided to start my journey to becoming an instructor on udemy. I took some online course training from Phil Ebener on becoming an instructor at udemy which was really helpful in getting started and used his tips to launch my first course which went live on 1st march this year. However, one month down the line, crickets!. Kindly visit my udemy profile and let me know what I can improve. if there is any experienced instructor who can audit and provide feedback, it will be really helpful. All the enrollments are from free students. Thank You.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi, @DanielK'Owu737. Congratulations on publishing four courses, having enrollments (albeit free) and gaining credible 5-star reviews. I watched your promo on the past course published and thought it was very well done; other than the music was a little loud for me. However, you dropped the music in the second lecture and sounded clear and knowledgeable. You are in a very tough field competition-wise. However, I encourage you to look at the various marketing threads and really use what they say to push your courses yourself. It is often said that the real work begins after we have published. Udemy will notice once you start to gain traction - however, getting that foot in the door is tough. Do not be discouraged - keep on going. Dont publish more - push what you have. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi, @DanielK'Owu737. Congratulations on publishing four courses, having enrollments (albeit free) and gaining credible 5-star reviews. I watched your promo on the past course published and thought it was very well done; other than the music was a little loud for me. However, you dropped the music in the second lecture and sounded clear and knowledgeable. You are in a very tough field competition-wise. However, I encourage you to look at the various marketing threads and really use what they say to push your courses yourself. It is often said that the real work begins after we have published. Udemy will notice once you start to gain traction - however, getting that foot in the door is tough. Do not be discouraged - keep on going. Dont publish more - push what you have. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

Hi @SharonRamel , Thank you for the comprehensive feedback and you have given me a new approach that I had not though of before. I will try and see what happens.

Regards,

Daniel Juma K'Owuoche

Go to solution

Daniel,

I had a quick look at your courses. I don't know which one you are referring to above. I think your courses look well produced. Why are there so many free students? Did you send them invitations?

My thoughts are that your material may be the issue. Is there demand for it, and are you offering something that people can't get for free somewhere else? Do you have credibility, and is the material something of your own creation? These may be questions asked by prospective paying students.

Tony

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!