automated screen pausing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automated screen pausing

Hello all, 

Is it possible to insert/program automated pauses in a presentation.

For example, the presentation automatically pauses whenever the client is required to refer to and/or read specific sections of a text book, thereafter restarting though the client's action (such as pressing any key, etc.). Or, is an on-screen prompt required, whereby the client pauses manually?

I have scoured the FAQ's and boards so if I am asking an obvious question I apologise in advance - I did try, and I am new to the site.

cheers

phill

2 Replies
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @phill-doran

Welcome to the community 😊. Great question!

Currently, we don't have a tool available that pauses a course after a specific time. Instructors usually let the learners know to stop the course while looking at the resources. That being said, the learner must manually pause the course if they wish to focus on another task, like reading additional resources.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Have a lovely weekend!

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Best you can do is split up your lectures such that the "pause" happens between them. So you could end one lecture saying, "go off and try this, then we'll pick up in the next video" or something. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors