First-time course creation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussions

Start a conversation

Webinar Recordings 🎥 This thread is pinned

Hello instructors, We wanted to take a moment to share with you all the webinar recordings that we have had so far. Whether you're in the pre-production stage of your course or looking to optimize View more

User avatar by Community Managerposted

Course Creation Resources This thread is pinned

Udemy is not just a wealth of information for learners, we also have various resources to help instructors succeed! To get you started, we’d love to share with you some helpful resources to help you View more

How to define your target audience? This thread is pinned

Before you start creating your course content, it is important to dedicate some time to think about who your intended learners are. A few simple questions can help you do this: Who are they? Where View more

Feedback Thread: Give & Get Feedback on your course here! This thread is pinned

Whether this is your first or fifth course, it’s always helpful to hear from other instructors how you can improve your course content to be even better. Before you share your course content, check View more

How to choose a course topic? This thread is pinned

An important part of creating your first course on Udemy is deciding what you want to teach. Our community is full of instructors who are experts in a variety of topics that go from computer science View more

Best Instructor Posts of All Time — Course Creation Best answer

We want to help you make more and better courses, so we’ve compiled a list of the best discussions about course creation for folks to read. We hope these conversations and tips help answer the most View more

User avatar by Retiredposted

A list of useful sources for instructors Best answer

Hi guys, I thought it could be interesting to have one post with a list of all the usefull sources for instructors, like music, graphics and software.... I started with what I usually use and with View more

User avatar by Community Championposted

First Time as an Instructor on-line

Hello, I have spent many months researching and understanding the market for on-line courses as I am from the old Industrial era and find I have somehow ended up in the Technology era. Suffice to View more

List of Categories and Topics Best answer

Is there a complete list of Udemy course Categories and Topics? I'm seeing courses with topics that aren't listed on the website dropdown box. View more

Review

I have two courses that I submitted. I needed to make some changes to the image. I go to log in today and I can not find my courses to edit?I can see them from the review email but there is nowhere I View more

User avatar by Rookieposted by on

Bonus Section

Hi guys, any tips on how to make a great bonus section? Any good example that you can share? View more

User avatar by Observerposted by on

Million Dollar Contractor

Is there any way to know if a topic will work? I have done a trade for 23 years and in my industry, there is a shortage of new incoming men and women. This does not seem to be a topic or category View more

Paloalto training

Dear team, I want to provide training on paloalto Networks Can you help me to proceed further. Regards Dinabandhu View more

You have 8 seconds to hook your audience.

We have very short attention spans, a recent survey my Microsoft suggested that the average attention span is 8 seconds and YouTube suggests it is 5 seconds. The reality of this is if you haven't View more

Electronic

Hello everyone. I'm new here and willing to learn from all of you i need help. View more

Background Music in the Course or Silence?

Hi Everyone, I wanted to know if it will be more of a distraction or will enhance the voice when background music is added throughout the course? Which will you prefer, background music with vocals View more

User avatar by Researcherposted by on

Social Proof: what it means (and what it doesn’t)

Social proof is one of the most powerful factors in your success as a Udemy instructor. When students are deciding between multiple courses, enrollments, ratings, and written reviews play a huge role View more

User avatar by Retiredposted by on

One long course or few short ones

My area of teaching has around 10 topics.When I look at book authors in my field, I see that they usually have ALL of the beginner aspects of each topic under ONE book but adavanced aspects for each View more

About copyright

Hi, I am planning to teach how to play pop music, and need to use existing pop music as examples to teach the techniques, does the course require any kind of copyright ? View more

User avatar by Researcherposted by on

...An Advice

I am creating an Italian Course of Excel VBA. This Corse will be very long ...more than 40 Hours.I intended to publish the first 6 chapters and once a week enter an additional chapter.According to View more

What kinds of quizzes?

Hello)) I am planning to make a course of Italian grammar. To do so, aprt from the videos, I would like to provide the students with some quizzes, such as multiple choice, true false, fill the gaps, View more

Post after verification. Best answer

I have created my first course, now waiting for verification to be done. Can I add lectures, documents and welcome video after approval? Thank you View more

Assignments Best answer

In the Udemy courses I've taken I noticed that all the assignments, like "Introduce Yourself" and presented in text form. Would it be acceptable (and perhaps better) to give the assignment in a short View more

What about sales ?

Wjen we talk about sales no metter how you promoted to yuor clients the final results must be more sales , how to do that and what are you stopped to do that ? View more

Tools for making tasks for students

Dear allI am still trying to decide if to use udemy for the MOOC platform, and one of the things that I cannot find info about is what are the tools that we can work with to create tasks for View more

How to do both English and Spanish? Best answer

Hi - My first course will be in Spanish (on Agile), and then others in English. What settings should I use to make Spanish show for the Spanish courses, and English for the English courses? So far, I View more

Tools for making tasks for students

Dear allI am still trying to decide if to use udemy for the MOOC platform, and one of the things that I cannot find info about is what are the tools that we can work with to create tasks for View more

Please review my course goals.

Hi everyone, I am working on a Cyber Security course for beginners. It is not a hands-on technical course, but a course to teach the concepts and allow the students to experience what it is like View more

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!