camera conundrum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera conundrum

Hi there!

I wonder how you manage to solve that issue:

• the camera should be at about eye level - if it's lower, my eyes get smaller (I partly close them)
  • I want my hand to be visible if I raise them a little, so the image should show reach to about my belly button
  • so I fill only about 60% of the screen height, having plenty of space above me - which I don't like
  • if I scale the image, it gets blurred (I am using a Sony Cybershot)

Are you filming vertically or what do you do? (My camera doesn't have a hole on the shorter side with which I could fix it on the tripod.)

THANKS!

Valentin

2 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @helloandhallo  if I am trying to explain or do something I use two cameras, my main one is focused at eye level. I then set up my iPad or iPhone on a tripod that has a holder that is tiltable for them and that way I can have close up of my hands and face depending on which shots I want and when.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Hi Sharon, Thanks for the advice - that certainly looks nice but I would like to have one shot that shows my face with camera at eye level AND my hands AND just a little space above my head (while keeping resolution high).

The standard solutions (https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/3-ways-shoot-vertical-video/) don't work with a teleprompter ... AND that's another must for me. Anybody with experience on VERTICAL FILMING WITH A TELEPROMPTER? Much appreciated!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!