How can we earn champions badge?

Rabia Khan

Rabiya Khan Niazi
6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I don't even know if they add champions at this time, it was last under Jocelyn who left 6+ months ago. 

When I became a champion I had been actively helping other instructors on the Facebook group for years before this forum was around. 

The point of champions was taking seasoned instructors and have them help newer ones and share their knowledge about Udemy, course creation and any other aspect of this journey.

You don't really fit the profile from what I can tell. You have had a profile here less than 2 weeks and you are not a published instructor yet, you are also using a stock photo as your profile image.

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

View solution in original post

ScottDuffy
Community Champion

Go to solution

Thor saying it a lot better than I could.

Thor
Community Champion

Go to solution

True, but as mentioned, we have not talked as champions this year I think. 

It sort of ended when Jocelyn left Udemy.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

It doesn't mean much and if I were you I would focus on the substance of producing great courses. Everything else follows.

I also agree with Thor. Change your profile picture to your own, a real human being, rather than a cute plastic blond imaginary figure. Real works best.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Hi everyone, we do fully intend to continue the Champions program and appreciate the work of our current Champions. We expect Jocelyn's successor to take the lead on adding new folks to it and shaping the direction of the program, and we're still hunting for the right person.

We appreciate your interest and patience in the meantime.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

JasonDion
Community Champion

Go to solution

There is no issues wearing a hijab. It is your picture and totally allowablenfor you to wear what you want. 

My wife's account actually is our corporate account, so our "logo" is her profile picture. I think you should either have you (like I do) or a logo (like she does). I wouldn't pic some random stock photo. 

good luck!

Jason Dion

Jason Dion
Lead Instructor @ Dion Training Solutions

17 Replies
ScottDuffy
Community Champion

Go to solution

I don't think you can.

Go to solution

@ScottDuffyhow did you become Community Champion?

@ElianaC@Abbie@MariaG would be great if one of you can advise as well.

Go to solution

@CarstenMuessig wrote:

@ScottDuffyhow did you become Community Champion?

@ElianaC@Abbie@MariaG would be great if one of you can advise as well.

Love it for recomendations

Rabiya Khan Niazi

Go to solution

Looking forward for others reply.

Rabiya Khan Niazi

Go to solution

Why you think that i can't do kindly guide me about my weakness?

Rabiya Khan Niazi
Thor
Community Champion

Go to solution

I don't even know if they add champions at this time, it was last under Jocelyn who left 6+ months ago. 

When I became a champion I had been actively helping other instructors on the Facebook group for years before this forum was around. 

The point of champions was taking seasoned instructors and have them help newer ones and share their knowledge about Udemy, course creation and any other aspect of this journey.

You don't really fit the profile from what I can tell. You have had a profile here less than 2 weeks and you are not a published instructor yet, you are also using a stock photo as your profile image.

ScottDuffy
Community Champion

Go to solution

Thor saying it a lot better than I could.

Go to solution

Thank for your opinion yeah i joined this forum recently.

and i agreed i have stock photo in my profile may i share my photo with hijab in profile or is there any restriction about it I am a Muslim lady and wears Hijab.

Rabiya Khan Niazi
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

@RabiyaNiazi404  I think you should not be concerned about using your own photo wearing a hijab. There are other similar instructors. If that bothers someone then that is their problem. There are certainly no restrictions in that regard. 

And, welcome to the community. You will receive support here. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
Thor
Community Champion

Go to solution

True, but as mentioned, we have not talked as champions this year I think. 

It sort of ended when Jocelyn left Udemy.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

It doesn't mean much and if I were you I would focus on the substance of producing great courses. Everything else follows.

I also agree with Thor. Change your profile picture to your own, a real human being, rather than a cute plastic blond imaginary figure. Real works best.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Thank you Insha Allah i will do By the grace of Almighty Allah I am cute enough then then but due to niqab i did not put my personal Picture i was thinking  may be there will be some restrictions about Niqab or Hijab.

Rabiya Khan Niazi

Go to solution

i am much happy to see there is helping community and streight forward Stay Blessed All of You.

Rabiya Khan Niazi
JasonDion
Community Champion

Go to solution

There is no issues wearing a hijab. It is your picture and totally allowablenfor you to wear what you want. 

My wife's account actually is our corporate account, so our "logo" is her profile picture. I think you should either have you (like I do) or a logo (like she does). I wouldn't pic some random stock photo. 

good luck!

Jason Dion

Jason Dion
Lead Instructor @ Dion Training Solutions

Go to solution

I m trying to upload my videos lectures but i hv prob msg shows failled to upload my video is according to  the udemy rule.

Kindly specify video resolutionn extention too

Rabiya Khan Niazi

Go to solution

Hi everyone, we do fully intend to continue the Champions program and appreciate the work of our current Champions. We expect Jocelyn's successor to take the lead on adding new folks to it and shaping the direction of the program, and we're still hunting for the right person.

We appreciate your interest and patience in the meantime.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors