i am fail because perfectionist and must perfect and not submit the course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am fail because perfectionist and must perfect and not submit the course

Go to solution

this is my really my true story,

if i want achive something, i must make videos more than that, but i have'nt equipment, experience, which is the same as him. and the and, i'm not submit my course.

and feel fail or loose in this course.

maybe there are story solution for me.

to make a course to can submit and not perfectionist ?

thank  you...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @ArdianWicak505 - I used to be like you, somewhat. However, I quickly realized that when we generally earn $3-$5 for each sale, making a course good and getting it released is far better than perfect and maybe never releasing it. You certainly don't want to produce junk but it really makes no sense to go over and over a course and try to make everything as perfect as possible when we earn so little money on each sale. Of course, this assumes your goal on Udemy is to make money. If this isn't your goal, and your goal is to just create great courses and you don't really care if they sell, then that's a different story.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

Here's an old saying, "The proof of the pudding is in the tasting."  Only AFTER you have created something can you know if it works. So do your best, create and find out what needs improvement and fix it..

Robert Brown, Ph.D.
Unique insights for personal & business success

Go to solution

thank you sir, maybe i try it

Go to solution

Hi @ArdianWicak505 - I used to be like you, somewhat. However, I quickly realized that when we generally earn $3-$5 for each sale, making a course good and getting it released is far better than perfect and maybe never releasing it. You certainly don't want to produce junk but it really makes no sense to go over and over a course and try to make everything as perfect as possible when we earn so little money on each sale. Of course, this assumes your goal on Udemy is to make money. If this isn't your goal, and your goal is to just create great courses and you don't really care if they sell, then that's a different story.

Go to solution

It is a very tempting situation really - to want to have all you do perfect. But I doubt if any human can be spotless.

I will advise you to:

1. Work on what you have passion for - with that you will

always want to wake up to get back to work.

2. Plan your work with deadlines, although sometimes, if not most times, you end up exceeding the limit, but it's better than working with non.

3. Make sure you complete each lesson before the next,

so as not to get caught up in the loop of revisiting all your work, all together, over and over again and again. I learned this from experience of some experienced instructors... Coffee Chat meetings help!

4. Remember that you can always update and/or upgrade

your course(s) after been published, so if you love what you've created, release it, students will help to guide you

with their reviews too.

Just do it!😊 This business is more of a journey than a destination. I wish you success!

(MDN)
Oracle DBA, APEX Developer & Intructor/Freelancer.

Go to solution

Thank you for sharing your personal story. It is admirable that you are willing to pursue your goals despite facing challenges such as lack of equipment and experience.

It is completely understandable to feel demotivated when encountering obstacles, but there are always solutions that could help you move forward.

One approach I have used personally is focusing on creating a course that meets the submission requirements without the pressure of having to achieve perfection. This mindset shift may alleviate some of the pressure and help you stay motivated toward achieving your goal.

Keep in mind that success often comes from persistence and resilience, and I'm confident that you have what it takes to overcome any challenges that come your way.

#beladactions

Beloved Adejuyigbe
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors