organise video library into folders?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

organise video library into folders?

Go to solution

Hi, I'm just uploading my videos from dropbox using the bulk uploader.  My course has 160 videos, which on my computer are organised into folders so I know which section they belong to.

Is there any way to organise my udemy uploaded library into folders so I can easily find the ones to add to each section?

It would be awesome if I could just drag folders into the bulk uploader, and then the sections are automatically created for each folder.

Cheers

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @3d illusionsThanks so much for starting this thread —that’s a great question. Right now, we do not have that feature available, though I could certainly see how it would be valuable for you, given the use case that you described.

I’m going to pass along your thoughts and needs to our product team here just in the chance that this becomes something that we might build out in the future. Please let me know if there are any other insights that you’d like me to provide.

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @3d illusionsThanks so much for starting this thread —that’s a great question. Right now, we do not have that feature available, though I could certainly see how it would be valuable for you, given the use case that you described.

I’m going to pass along your thoughts and needs to our product team here just in the chance that this becomes something that we might build out in the future. Please let me know if there are any other insights that you’d like me to provide.

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

Go to solution

Thanks, that would be great.  I've been adding my sections and lectures for around 7 hours now, and I'm only a 3rd of the way through!  Getting tired of manually creating the same thing over and over😭

If you could also ask them to have it create the lectures automatically for each video, so:

• section from folder name
  • lectures with titles from file name (excluding numerical prefix)
  • use the file/s as the content for the lecture

In case of different file types in the folder, the auto-course creation function could let the user choose from checkboxes which file types will create lectures.  For mashups, users could name the files the same with a different number prefixed to indicate the order.

That would mean the Tutors would just need to add descriptions (unless your developers could extract them from a csv or spreadsheet).

Cheers
Michael

title from file name

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors