presenting 83-steps

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

presenting 83-steps

Go to solution

I'm an experienced educator with a book that outlines a 1-semester course with 83-steps (lectures). There is value in presenting the course as 83-lectures of around 10- 15 minutes each, where at the end of each lecture students respond  to a writing prompt with a short essay kept in a journal. At the close of the course, those journal essays can be used for a final paper. Also, these 83-steps are often complex so there is value in letting each idea settle in for a day. However, I'm concerned that this 83-lecture format might not be best for Udemy. I could, for instance, combine the 83-steps into 10-lectures of an hour each, but at the loss of the above mentioned advantages. Any thoughts and-or recommendations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

@BryanSteele725 👋 Hello

We all have a perspective and as a writer, I would take your course if it prompted me to write consistently. Then at the end of the 83 lectures, I have a book. Sounds promising. Writers block is real. You have a unique course, and my question would be if writers gravitate to udemy for courses like this.  They might come to udemy just to take your course, so marketing would be key. Keep us posted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

@BryanSteele725 👋 Hello

We all have a perspective and as a writer, I would take your course if it prompted me to write consistently. Then at the end of the 83 lectures, I have a book. Sounds promising. Writers block is real. You have a unique course, and my question would be if writers gravitate to udemy for courses like this.  They might come to udemy just to take your course, so marketing would be key. Keep us posted.

Go to solution

Thanks Alexia, I truly appreciate your thoughts and you gave me the specific answer I was looking for, whether there is an appetite for long-form courses on Udemy. Yes, the course will certainly be appropriate for anyone that uses language, including writers. Someone taking the course might do so with the intent of writing a book, absolutely. However, the course offers a broader outcome because, I argue, there is a crossroads where analytic/communication skills (academic performance, creative product) intersects with self-knowledge and healthy human systems. So, those taking the course might be college-bound high school students, college seniors preparing for the LSAT (a portion of my model comes from the law) as well as corporate executives -- anyone that wants to improve their understanding and use of language. Here's a recent blog post where I provide more detail: https://thenewenglishclass.substack.com/p/why-episteme

Thanks again for your input.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors