"Select the main type of content. Files and links can be added as resources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Select the main type of content. Files and links can be added as resources

Go to solution

Hi, so when I create a new lecture, under the + Contents section there are three items I can add: Video, Video & Slide Mashup and Article. Then it says underneath "Select the main type of content. Files and links can be added as resources". I was wondering if I can add a PDF file instead, which I can click the free preview function so it can be easily viewed and downloadable when students are looking to potentially purchase my course? I know when I add a video, I have the option for it to be viewable for free and also have the option for individuals to download. I want to essentially do the same for two PDF files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @IndyJeed Happy Tuesday! 😊

Your first video lecture will automatically be available for the free preview to ensure there is always content available for students to view.  You need to select enough lectures totaling 10 minutes of video content.

Regarding the downloadable resources, these resources can be any filetype like .JPG, .PDF, .ZIP, .XLS, .MOV, .MP3, etc. However, the option for the resources to be previewed is not available.

Let us know if you have additional questions 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @IndyJeed Happy Tuesday! 😊

Your first video lecture will automatically be available for the free preview to ensure there is always content available for students to view.  You need to select enough lectures totaling 10 minutes of video content.

Regarding the downloadable resources, these resources can be any filetype like .JPG, .PDF, .ZIP, .XLS, .MOV, .MP3, etc. However, the option for the resources to be previewed is not available.

Let us know if you have additional questions 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors