Assignment Types

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment Types

Go to solution

Hi there!

My name's Diana and I'm passionate about ESL, teacher training and soft skills.  

Right now I'm in the middle of creating a course and what I want is to create an assignment in which my students don't just answer set questions with set answers but rather submit a text.

Does anyone know whether I can do that and if yes, then how?

Many thanks,

Diana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @DianaNazaryan! You can find more details about assignment creations here https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008174307-How-to-Create-Assignments-For-Your-Course 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @DianaNazaryan! You can find more details about assignment creations here https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008174307-How-to-Create-Assignments-For-Your-Course 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thank you!

Am I right to understand that there is no option for allowing my students submit a text of their choice? For example, if I want my students to to try an activity on their own and then reflect on how it went, will I be able to do it?

Go to solution

I think you are correct in saying that this is currently not possible.

At least there's no such option for practice test courses, which is the only course type I have. 

Go to solution

Hi Diana,

I'm also an ESL teacher and have a similar issue. Students need to practise their productive skills and it's currently difficult for them to do so on Udemy. It would be good if assignments were more varied and, ideally, if students could record themselves speaking and upload their recording into an assignment.

I wonder if you could ask your students to submit their writing text into the comments section of your course? You could then encourage peer correction or have a model answer that you could paste into the comments section. I'm currently working on a course and will be trying this out.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.