Just published my first course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just published my first course

Hi everyone!

I just published my first course on udemy and it's been really exciting.  

The course is 9 hours and dedicated to learning chess.  I've been playing for over 20 years and decided to share my expertise.

I'm fortunate that I have three students already, but I'm curious how others are getting digests of when people sign up.  Is there a way to get a notification when new students sign up?  I changed my settings a few times, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get notified.  I find myself finding out when I have new students when I visit my landing page itself.

I'm interested in any tips as well!  During the day I work at a marketing agency so I have a lot of experience doing these kinds of things for customers, but never with selling a course.

I have a blog that receives about 35,000 visits per month that I'll be promoting the course with.  My email list is just over 1,500 people that I'll make a push to as well.  I also plan to focus more on inbound by getting people to opt in to chess study guides I've made and have this course be part of an email drip.

Any advice would be great!

1 Reply

I like the topic, the course is long enough. Being a chess player myself, I see the lectures cover interesting ideas, it's not just "chess basics", which is great.

I suppose the main issue you will face is the fact there are already quite a few courses about chess on Udemy, some of them being focused on a specific chess aspect.

By the way I too don't get notified about new student enrolments. I downloaded the Udemy app, activated the push notifications, authorized them on my phone, but they don't come in. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.