Newbie in 2019!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie in 2019!

Go to solution

Hi Everyone!

So I'm a newbie and am about to launch my first course. A bit about my situation... I'm a music teacher and self employed singer. I've always worked part time and been able to make a decent living, then since last year I had a baby and am a single parent. I don't have the financial or time freedom I once had and I don't enjoy going to work anymore as I want to spend time with my little one. 

Several years ago i started making moves to create an online teaching platform which didnt really take off and I couldn't figure out how to do it. Then a couple of months ago I came across udemy and did lots of research on it and thought it to be ideal - as I didnt need to do much marketing at first and it would tackle the technical restrictions I thought I had. 

Anyway, when baba has been in bed in the evenings I started to create my first course. It took me a couple of months, and I'm still not entirely happy with it - as I'd like to add more talking heads and a bit more excitement. But it's hard to do in my tiny 1 bedroom house that's on a main road with ambulances going past every 30 mins!!! (In one of my lectures there is an ambulance siren which I had ti talk over and had redone this whole lecture 5 times and gave up!! Oh and also my dog snoring which I cannot avoid!! Haha)

So my goal is to try and earn enough to move out of this house into a quieter area where I can have my own office and dedicate more time to improving my courses. And hopefully earn an extra income that will help improve my quality of life with my little one. 

So... fingers crossed and I will keep you updated on my progress once things get moving!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi Sam

Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you have great success with your courses and lots of time to spend with your baby.

Your sound challenges seem tricky. I deal with mine by repeating myself then editing the intrusions out.

One day, you may be living in a soundproof mansion. Who knows?!

LL

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hi ,I hope you achieve  the best  and never give up for anything you are interested in because there is always  a bad beginning  and good  ending I believe you will achieve  the best of the best for  living  and baby if you don't  turn back

Go to solution

You can try to create courses at mid night.. same problem is here in my home.. i used to record my video and audio in the mid night,,where everything seems silent. then day time i do video editing..,..,  one thing you can always remove background noise using audacity software ,,we all use it to remove those things..,.,wish you all the best for your new course. 

3 Replies

Go to solution

Hi Sam

Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you have great success with your courses and lots of time to spend with your baby.

Your sound challenges seem tricky. I deal with mine by repeating myself then editing the intrusions out.

One day, you may be living in a soundproof mansion. Who knows?!

LL

Go to solution

Hi ,I hope you achieve  the best  and never give up for anything you are interested in because there is always  a bad beginning  and good  ending I believe you will achieve  the best of the best for  living  and baby if you don't  turn back

Go to solution

You can try to create courses at mid night.. same problem is here in my home.. i used to record my video and audio in the mid night,,where everything seems silent. then day time i do video editing..,..,  one thing you can always remove background noise using audacity software ,,we all use it to remove those things..,.,wish you all the best for your new course. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.