Seeking Insights on Achieving "Traveler" Status on Udemy

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Insights on Achieving "Traveler" Status on Udemy

Go to solution

Dear Udemy Community,

I hope this message finds everyone well. Today, I'm reaching out to gather insights and understand the specific requirements for achieving the "Traveler" status on Udemy. It seems like a significant milestone for active community members, and I'm keen on understanding how to reach this level.

Here are the metrics I'm curious about:

1. Page View: - What exactly constitutes a 'page view' in the context of Udemy's community engagement? Is it related to viewing course content, community threads, or something else?

2. Board View: - Similarly, what is a 'board view'? How does it differ from a page view, and what activities contribute to this metric?

3. Kudos to be Given: - I understand this might involve appreciating others' contributions, but could someone elaborate on how 'giving kudos' works in practice? What are the norms and expectations around this?

4. Start Discussion: - Starting discussions seems straightforward, but are there specific guidelines or best practices to ensure that a discussion qualifies for achieving the Traveler status?

5. Reply: - Lastly, in terms of replies, does any response in a thread count towards this metric, or are there certain types of replies that are considered more valuable?

Understanding these metrics will not only help me contribute more effectively to our community but also guide others who might have similar questions. Any insights, tips, or personal experiences in achieving the Traveler status would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking forward to learning from all of you and contributing more actively to the Udemy community.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @BalvirChahal

First, Congratulations, you have already achieved traveler status in the community!👏

I am happy to clarify your questions about our different community metrics: 

Page Views: Page views mean the navigation within the community space, including interactions with posts. 

Board Views: On the community's top section, you'll find different boards representing forums such as Announcements, Course Creation, Marketing, Stories, and Milestones. Each visit of these boards counts as a 'board view,' bringing you closer to the next rank.

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 15.11.34.png

"Kudos to be given": Similar to giving likes, offering a "kudo" shows appreciation for a post or shared opinion. Feel free to show appreciation for the instructor whenever you encounter content you find valuable. No specific rules or guidelines apply here.

Start Discussions: You can start a discussion through the "Start a Conversation" option at the top of the page. Whether you have a question about Udemy or want to discuss a specific topic about teaching, feel free to share your thoughts. We also love hearing your Udemy success stories 🚀. While there are no strict criteria, please ensure your posts align with our community guidelines.

Reply: Every response contributes to this metric, so engage in discussions by providing thoughtful replies.

If you want to learn more about the different ranks, please click here

Please let me know if you have additional questions 😊

I wish you a lovely weekend!

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Thank you @MarinaT for your response 👍

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @BalvirChahal

First, Congratulations, you have already achieved traveler status in the community!👏

I am happy to clarify your questions about our different community metrics: 

Page Views: Page views mean the navigation within the community space, including interactions with posts. 

Board Views: On the community's top section, you'll find different boards representing forums such as Announcements, Course Creation, Marketing, Stories, and Milestones. Each visit of these boards counts as a 'board view,' bringing you closer to the next rank.

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 15.11.34.png

"Kudos to be given": Similar to giving likes, offering a "kudo" shows appreciation for a post or shared opinion. Feel free to show appreciation for the instructor whenever you encounter content you find valuable. No specific rules or guidelines apply here.

Start Discussions: You can start a discussion through the "Start a Conversation" option at the top of the page. Whether you have a question about Udemy or want to discuss a specific topic about teaching, feel free to share your thoughts. We also love hearing your Udemy success stories 🚀. While there are no strict criteria, please ensure your posts align with our community guidelines.

Reply: Every response contributes to this metric, so engage in discussions by providing thoughtful replies.

If you want to learn more about the different ranks, please click here

Please let me know if you have additional questions 😊

I wish you a lovely weekend!

Go to solution

Thank you @MarinaT for your response 👍

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors