Udemy has banned me permanently

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Udemy has banned me permanently

Hi All,

My Udemy account is banned permanently.

Can i get a chance to recover this account.

I think Udemy should give me a chance to rectify my mistake.

Requesting the Udemy team to have a look on my issue.

8 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

This isn't a channel to Udemy's trust & safety team, so you're unlikely to get any help here I'm afraid. 

What was your mistake?

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

@Bella It seems that several times every week some instructor comes on and posts a message that he/she was banned unfairly. This is a waste of our time since there is never anything we can do about it. My request is very different:

A) When and instructor is banned from Udemy they should also be automatically deleted from this forum so they are not posting these messages here.

B) Please have Trust and Safety, when they ban someone, which is the virtual equivalent of capital punishment, make their message to that instructor VERY clear, informing them of their offense and informing them what they may be able to do to rehabilitate their relationship with Udemy. I think many of these complaining instructors genuinely do not understand what they did wrong and what they might do to fix it. At the same time inform them that appealing to the instructor community is NOT helpful. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

I couldn't agree more. So many posts are like that here, complete waste of time.

Richard Callaby, CTT+ Trainer, Published Author, and YouTuber

And don't forget your 🍕 slice @Bella 

Well said. 🙏

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LawrenceMMiller, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I completely agree that certain cases are out of the community's scope. I would like to inform you that our Trust and Safety team already takes measures to ban users from the community when they are banned from the platform. However, in some situations, instructors might have different email addresses in the community, and in these cases, it is possible for them to post messages even after being banned from Udemy.

As for your second suggestion, we agree that communication is key to avoiding these issues. Our Trust and Safety team works diligently to ensure that our policies and guidelines are followed, and we will continue to make improvements to our messaging to ensure that banned instructors receive clear information about Udemy's policies. We always encourage banned instructors to contact policy@udemy.com if they have any concerns or need further clarification about their ban. Our policy team is more than happy to assist them and provide any additional information they might need.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. As always, we appreciate your support in making our community a safe and positive environment.

For a so-called "banned instructor" I am able to view your courses on the marketplace. If you were truly banned I wouldn't be able to do that.

Are you okay? You seem a bit confused.

Richard Callaby, CTT+ Trainer, Published Author, and YouTuber
ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rajeev.ncfm  We’re sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your account.  On review, we’re not able to see any records of a ban.  If you’re having any issues logging in, please contact  from the relevant email address

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors