Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

$100K Milestone Achieved in 1.5 Years

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to share that I hit the milestone of $100k in 1.5 years.

Screenshot 2023-04-14 at 8.55.17 AM.png

When I published my first course, I never thought of reaching this milestone within a very short duration (1.5 years). Credit to Udemy.

I would like to thank Udemy for having an amazing platform for providing online courses.

1.5 years back I took the decision to quit my regular job and started full-time on Udemy.

How I reached this milestone in this short duration?

When my first course was added to UFB, my revenue increased by 75%. Then I started creating and targeting courses for UFB on popular and demanded topics. Out of my 8 courses, 3 courses were added to UFB and these 3 UFB courses generate 75% revenue.

I have a huge audience/followers on YouTube, Blog, Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook. Initially, as they like my teaching and content so they started enrolling on Udemy.

As I am working full-time as Udemy Instructor, I got enough time to respond to all student's questions, messages, etc. I added sections to the existing courses based on the student's suggestions/requests. So the students were happy with my work and started joining my multiple courses.

There is a lot to share but these are the main highlights.

For new Instructors on Udemy, keep creating awesome content, target your courses for UFB, and be consistent and patient.

Thanks,

Ramesh (Java Guides)

26 Replies

@Ramesh Fadatare Congratulations! 

Could I know how can your course was selected as UFB?

How can you build a community on FB or Youtube? I am poor at marketing.

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion

Thanks.

Building an audience/followers is a long-term process. If you start a YouTube channel now then it will take a lot of time (for technical content) to get subscribers, views, and revenue.

Create amazing and engaging content leads to gain subscribers and views.

Same for the Facebook groups, it is a long-term process.

Creat a Facebook group, and share useful content in a group so that group members can share in their network.

Thank you for your advices.

Congratulations on this milestone. I would have a few questions.

1. How do you decide on selecting courses that are targeted towards UFB? Because your niche (java/spring) does not have any listed topics in the UFB priority list. So how do you decide on that?
  2. How much time does it take to pull out an entire course and what does the process look like?
Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion

Thanks, @Faisal 

I choose the topics that have more demand in the market. I do take a suggestion from students on which subject or topics they want courses.

There are no specific criteria for UFB. If your course has a good rating, and more conversion rate, and is especially more demanding for UFB customers then probably they will select your course.

My course creation process is simple. I create the projects and divide them into small lectures in proper order. 

Hi Ramesh @Ramesh Fadatare,

Congratulations on a successful accomplishment.

I wish you a continuous success in your courses.

Best regards,

Ahmed Jendoubi, Ph.D.
Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion

Thank you @Ahmed_Jendoubi 

Rahul Iyer
Community Champion

Your growth is outstanding @Ramesh Fadatare! Congratulations! 

Question --> How much time do you dedicate to your YT channel and all other social media accounts in contrast with creating courses on Udemy? How does your overall day look like? 

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion

Thanks, @Rahul Iyer.

I hardly spent 15 hours a week on YouTube and Social media. I spend more time creating Udemy courses, answering student's questions, and writing blog posts.

CarlosMartinez
Community Champion

Congratulations @Ramesh Fadatare , amazing numbers! Regards, Carlos

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion

Thanks, @CarlosMartinez 

Congratulations  @Ramesh Fadatare  on your incredible success.
Your hard work and perseverance have paid off. 

After reading about your Story and Milestone, it inspires new instructors like me to create more courses.

Sarita Jadhav
(Sarita's TeachDesk)

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion

Thanks, @Sarita_Jadhav 

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing story!  It's truly inspiring, especially for new starters like myself.  Well done and congratulations on such a fantastic achievement!

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion

Thanks, @KatieDurie514 

AtilSamancioglu
Community Champion

Hi Ramesh,

Looking at your courses, you deserve many more milestones. I hope to celebrate more in here, congrats!

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion

Thanks @AtilSamancioglu 

Congratulations man 🌈🌈🌈

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion

Thanks, @dx4iot 

Congratulations @Ramesh Fadatare for this achievement 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors