Ask Me Anything - Filip Kordanovski, Five-Figure Udemy Instructor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask Me Anything - Filip Kordanovski, Five-Figure Udemy Instructor

Go to solution

Hey guys, its Filip again.

I'm all in when it comes to helping others achieve their goals and dreams.

I may be on the platform for relatively a short amount of time (2.5 years) compared to other instructors, but I've had huge success (5 figure in revenue) with just couple of courses. I have ~ 4.6 rating from 1400+ reviews.

Therefore, I consider myself a Udemy Veteran and I am comfortable in talking and helping about anything Udemy related.

So, feel free to ask me anything, whether that's related to course creation, course promotion, marketing, technical tips, time management, etc!

Can't wait to have a quality conversation on this new community platform.

- Filip is founder of www.teachermethod.com, 1-on-1 mentorship program dedicated to teach you how to create and sell exceptional Udemy courses
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey Dan, thanks for your question.
Congrats on creating your first course. I'm not sure I can mention other platforms here as it contradicts with Udemy's policy since they are competitors, so let me give you some advice.

First off, read my top-liked post about things I've learned throught my Udemy career, you can find it HERE. It'll answer your question about free coupons as well.
The best way to building audience of potential buyers is to collect their email addresses and get in touch with them with useful content on weekly bases or more often.
For example, my website www.filipkordanovski.com offers a free ebook in exchange for an email! Since the e-book is the niche of my courses, everyone who signs up for it is a potential buyer for my next courses.
So, you've got to offer something for free in exchange for their email. Then, the next step is to drive traffic on your landing page while targeting your potential audience.

This is a whole niche to learn by itself, so you either do some research about this or hire a marketing company to do a ad campagin for you!

All this is a ongoing process that takes time but in the end it ultimately pays off.

Email marketing is tricky, but if you get the hang of it, you're good to go.

- Filip is founder of www.teachermethod.com, 1-on-1 mentorship program dedicated to teach you how to create and sell exceptional Udemy courses

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Go to solution

Hi Filip,

My name is Dan and I have one course on Udemy currently. I did have a lot of fun building the course and I also stepped out of my confort zone. The best way I could think of to market my course if to create a coupon and give some away to "get the balll rolling", but what I found is that I sold out of 500 coupons in about 30 minutes and the majority of subscribers have never even logged in. 

Now I'm looking for sites to submit my course for $9.99. No luck with that as of yet. Any more ideas of how to get more traffic with potential buyers?

What advice do you have for a newbie here?

Thanks,
Dan

Go to solution

Hey Dan, thanks for your question.
Congrats on creating your first course. I'm not sure I can mention other platforms here as it contradicts with Udemy's policy since they are competitors, so let me give you some advice.

First off, read my top-liked post about things I've learned throught my Udemy career, you can find it HERE. It'll answer your question about free coupons as well.
The best way to building audience of potential buyers is to collect their email addresses and get in touch with them with useful content on weekly bases or more often.
For example, my website www.filipkordanovski.com offers a free ebook in exchange for an email! Since the e-book is the niche of my courses, everyone who signs up for it is a potential buyer for my next courses.
So, you've got to offer something for free in exchange for their email. Then, the next step is to drive traffic on your landing page while targeting your potential audience.

This is a whole niche to learn by itself, so you either do some research about this or hire a marketing company to do a ad campagin for you!

All this is a ongoing process that takes time but in the end it ultimately pays off.

Email marketing is tricky, but if you get the hang of it, you're good to go.

Go to solution

Thanks for the info Filip! I appreaciate it.

Go to solution

Hi!

Its my 3rd week since I published my first course and got about 38 enrollments, do you think this  pace is something that can work in the long run. Secondly what is the tip to standout in the entire Udemy Market

Thanks

Go to solution

Hi 
I am an intern at a real estate company in Denmark and my boss wants to create online courses about real estate and investing. He has experience in teaching as he works as an economics teacher and he is also hired to speak on different conferences all over the country. However, he is not sure if it is worth it to create online courses, so he asked me if I can look into it. So my question is do you think that the real estate and investing categories are oversaturated with courses? How can I see what kind of courses are demanded by the students ? If Udemy is having sales can he choose not to take part in the campaign and keep his courses at the original price? Is this a good idea when everything else is on discount? And one last question - Do you have any experience with Udemy for Business?

Thank you in advance!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors