Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

August Goal Check-ins!

Happy August! It’s accountability time 🙂

Last month you shared all of the goals and activities you wanted to accomplish in July. How did you do?

Leave us a comment and let us know if you accomplished last month’s goal AND share your August goal below! 

9 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Mission accomplished here 🙂 We did experiment with YouTube ads... while they performed better than Facebook, they still didn't break even. Free traffic from links in video descriptions still seems to work best there.

We also planned to roll out a meaty update to our machine learning course. We did add a new section on Generative Adversarial Networks (the tech behind all those viral face-swapping apps and stuff) and it seems to have resulted in a healthy boost to that course's review score.

For August, we're aiming to identify a new topic for a new course and get started on it. We're pursuing one idea but making sure there aren't any licensing or trademark issues first.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear you were able to accomplish your goals, Frank! A very well-deserved success. 

I hope all goes well for you to start working on your new course soon.

Wishing you even greater achievements this month. 🙌

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Partially achieved, my business has been sidelined this year however I am lucky! My beautiful partner has needed a lot of support and due to Udemy I have been able to do give this without worrying ‘what the boss might think of all my time off work’.  
I did do the small things, I have ensured that my coupon codes on my social media are course specific - I can get a bit random sometimes… my nature! 
With August rolling I am endeavouring to get back to restart making a new course that was progressing in January before I was needed elsewhere. 
Thanks for the prompt @Bella 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's totally fine, @SharonRamel, small things sometimes mean a whole lot. I'm just glad you had the flexibility to be there for your loved ones and that's the most important thing.

I'm sure you will accomplish your goals this month and create another amazing course! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Hi Bella, I was hoping to do the finishing touches to my six new courses, but the time passed by so quickly and I got caught up in doing so many other things. I am rolling them over to this month hopefully.

Thanks for giving us the boost.  

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Monica2021, wow, six new courses? I don't blame you, that sounds like a lot of work. Don't forget to take breaks, stretch, hydrate, eat well and reach out to our community if you need help - we're here for you. You can do this! 💪

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Thanks Bella, I have been working on them since last year.

AliciaPaz
Community Champion

* Complete my course by the (potential) back-to-school sale this month.  

* Be more organized/use a **bleep** calendar!

* Record for YT this month and upload (make public come Sept twice a week.)

* Keep my "to-do" list to one post-it note, if it gets longer- do something!

* Send educational announcements at least monthly.

* Re-film the one video I have had to do 3 times now once it isn't 90 degrees in the office.

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

I absolutely love these goals. I'm sure you can do everything on this list and more! 👊

I might actually do the same and keep my to-do list on a post-it too, thanks for the idea, Alicia! 😅 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors