Have you been asked to publish your udemy course elsewhere?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you been asked to publish your udemy course elsewhere?

Long story short I was approached by tutorialspoint to publish my udemy course on their platform and I was wondering if you have had such experience

3 Replies

Yes, but not by tutorialspoint.

Yes, Tutorialpoint approached me too. I have published one course there but 0 enrollments so far. They take the whole promotion thing in their hands that looks like not so effective by far. 

How about you ?

TameraDion
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

We get at least one offer from "the fastest growing online education platform in XYZ" at least 3 times a month. We have not entertained the idea of placing courses on any other platform in nearly 2 years. Even before being exclusive was required for  Udemy Business, we never went through the effort knowing that most other platforms, especially brand new ones with only a handful of instructors or courses, would perform no where near as well as Udemy.

Before exclusivity was required for UB, to avoid long discussions (because a simple no would often get a LOT of pushback), we would tell any other platform that we required $5,000 per course, plus 50% of revenue in perpetuity for each course.

Since all of our courses are in UB and all future courses will have the option, we now just tell anyone that asks that we are under exclusivity contracts and cannot put our material on any other site.

From experience early on, these sites require a lot of work even when they are "easy", tend to have poor user interfaces, and have students reaching out to us to complain about something on the other sites. Some refused to do quizzes, some did not have practice exam ability, some refused to put up our PDF study guides-all of these things were mentioned in our courses and we were told would be available on the sites. Since most of them did not let us actually touch the courses and they handled the uploads, this was not something we could fix the majority of the time. And any corrections to a video if something had to be re-recorded took forever to get corrected. 

We are glad to be exclusive on Udemy and on our own platform at this time. The simplicity makes things easier to manage with 30+ courses, and student support is a heck of a lot more streamlined knowing how to help where there are only 2 places for issues to arise.

*Brains behind Jason Dion*
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors