Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rahul Iyer
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

The Best Black Friday Sale!

Hi All,

This Black Friday, had the best single day sales record on Udemy. This record is 8% higher than my previous best during last Black Friday. Additional insights: 

• 48% up compared to November 2020 (Marketplace Comparison only - no UfB)
  • 9% up compared to Jan 2021 (Marketplace Comparison only - no UfB)
  • June 2021 was my best month this year. Nov 2021 has overtaken June by 4%

Looking forward to the Cyber Monday sale!

I think November will top June (my best month in 2021) by a few percentage points. But it will definitely beat Nov 2020 by a huge margin.

BF Sale.png

I did not release a lot of new courses this year, but started prepping for Black Friday about 1-2 months ago. Nothing groundbreaking that I may have done to prepare except:

1. Updated all Promo Videos
  2. Updated all Course Thumbnails
  3. Updated Course Description

I think these are a few actions each instructor must take before the season starts.

I hope your Black Friday was exciting too. Share your views! 🙂

6 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

I'll share my results after the month is over, but it has been a good month and a good BF. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
Rahul Iyer
Community Champion

Looking forward to your analysis, Lawrence 🙂

My BF 2020 was much better than 2021. This one is quite disappointing by contrast 

Rahul Iyer
Community Champion

Ah! Sad to hear... I wish you success in the future!

Woo-hoo!

Congratulations, @Rahul Iyer!

This has been my best Black Friday as well. Because it is the only Black Friday I have ever participated in. Haha! I have been missing out.😲 

Not enough sales to buy a new computer but more than $0. 💥

I am so happy that after 5 years I can finally focus full-time on my Udemy courses.🙏

At Udemy you definitely get back what you put into it. That's been my experience. 

Thanks, Udemy!

💪😁🌴🤙

Rahul Iyer
Community Champion

I agree @BillyWigley And well-done on becoming a full-time instructors. Fact: my revenue doubled in one year as I moved from a part-time to full-time instructor. I wish and hope this is the case with you too. All the best! 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors