UFB, WOW - what an excellent month!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UFB, WOW - what an excellent month!!!

I’d like to take my Scottish hat off and congratulate the UFB team for what has been ANOTHER outstanding month - and an end to an absolutely phenomenal 2020!

At the Udemy Berlin conference last year, you guys said that you’d be committed to the process of scaling-up UFB within the next 12-24 months ... and without any doubt, you are unquestionably delivering upon your word.

Just sayin’ 😉👍

Kain Ramsay
17 Replies

Hi Kain,

Generally after how many enrollments or ratings they generally add the course to UFB.

Thanks &Regards,

K Ravi Kumar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not all courses are added.  Your course needs to have at least 25 reviews, a minimum of 4.4 rating, and be a fit for the UfB program. 

Hi Ravi, I’m not sure to be honest with you. I’ve got around 12 of my courses included in the UFB offering - but I’m not entirely sure what qualifies a course or instructor. I’d imagine that course quality, ratings, sales and instructor interaction will all play a part.

Kain Ramsay
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Ditto!

My year-over-year UFB revenue increase for November was 163%. Of course, this is just for my courses, but the following graph might be interesting. It is the percent increase in UFB revenue, year over year, by month. Any business would be thrilled with this rate of growth. Keep it up UFB Team!!!

UFB rate of increase.png

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

That’s brilliant to hear USB is also working well for you Lawrence!!!

While last year was a bit of a yo-yo (up and down), I’ve seen consistent growth each month since March this year - and November was extremely impressive!

Kain Ramsay

I echo those words Kain. It's been a strong year and undoubtedly Covid has helped quicken the pace of UfB growth.

Favourite quote: The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion it is taking place. - 'George Bernard Shaw.'

Is it worth it, considering your courses must be platform exclusive to Udemy?

I have always been tempted to register but that has been a big hurdle for me personally. Any thoughts? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

On principle, I really, really dislike the exclusivity thing. I've actually opted some of my courses out of UfB. There may come a time when it's more lucrative for me to license my stuff out, and if that happens, I'll pull my stuff off of UfB. That said, most of mine are in there right now and it earns me a nice chunk of change.

I did not know it was possible to opt specific courses out of UfB...

That might work well for me.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

@MarceauDauboin You have to consider how your courses match a market. My courses are all management/leadership courses so they obviously match the UFB market. Your courses, on baking (which I think are excellent) are not likely to sell on UFB so I would not make them exclusive to UFB. You should be looking for other marketplace where they may sell well. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thank you very much for your response & the kind words Lawrence, I had the exact same thought on UFB.

I don't think there is as much demand for my baking courses in the business market - although it might be worth trying out at some point once my courses have already been published to other markets. UFB seems to allow this as far as I am aware.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good catch @LawrenceMMiller . I didn't even notice the course topics. Yeah, I can't see "baking" being high on the priority list for UfB.

What about the content made by course tutors, the money paid by course students is not yet dispersed to the course tutors, and how about all the money on this platform that goes towards spectacular advertising, I'm just sayin' 

I've not yet made any money, my free course has over 700 students, and one brilliant one I made just over 2p in British Sterling. 

@Kain_Ramsay wrote:

I’d like to take my Scottish hat off and congratulate the UFB team for what has been ANOTHER outstanding month - and an end to an absolutely phenomenal 2020!

At the Udemy Berlin conference last year, you guys said that you’d be committed to the process of scaling-up UFB within the next 12-24 months ... and without any doubt, you are unquestionably delivering upon your word.

Just sayin’ 😉👍

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

@HerStylistPro It is not clear what you are saying, or asking. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Congratulations! Besides being selected and picked up by UFB, is there a way to be more proactive about it? Can I submit my course for UFB consideration?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot. There was a time when you could, but Udemy took that option away from instructors.

That's too bad, but thanks for the info.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors