Super excited to have finally reached this one. 100,000 in sales on Udemy and here is some of what I learned on the way. ( Thos took 3 years by the way! )
1. Consistent output is key. Either updating existing courses or making new courses. ( I have 12 courses now. )
2. Appreciate bad reviews. What!? Yep, I said it. Those are the ones that will lead you to better course creation if you listen! ( of course I mean the constructive ones. )
3. Learn to promote your content. Don’t wait for Udemy to do all the work. You can notice that over time I got better at selling my own courses. I started to get less organic sales so I began to share more videos on YouTube, engage with my audience on social media, and create more blog posts. I now bring in 30% of my own sales.
4. Build your audience off Udemy! The real power is in your following and they love interacting with their favorite instructor so give them ways to do that. For me it is pretty easy since I teach art. I comment on their art and give any insights I can. Create helpful free content for your target student as well as a clear line of sight to your course content.
5. Help as many people succeed as you can. Do this and you will find success along the way!
6. Don’t wait for perfection! It isn’t even a real thing in my world. I am an imperfect being and I share that in my content. Besides, I would never get anything done if I thought otherwise.
I hope this helps and I am here if you have any questions! 🙂