cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Do We Know Who Succeeds on Udemy?

I'm relatively new to Udemy, and I'm realizing that it's going to be challenging: 

1. My focus is topical (climate change) - not skill-based or personal development like most of Udemy

2. Much of the traffic I drive to Udemy ends up being a "Udemy Promotion."  Buyers just don't understand that if they wait 24 hours, or go to my landing page and click from there, or skip my link and just go to udemy.com and then search for the course, that I as the instructor end up with peanuts. 

3.  My courses, which actually  contain a great deal of value if you're interested in climate change, end up being so severely discounted than I as the instructor end up with peanuts. 

4.  One of my courses is on Udemy business, but the vast majority of Udemy Business students never actually watch the course, so no monetization there. 

I'm not looking for a debate or a pity party vis a vis the points above.  But I am really curious who is successful on Udemy. 

a. What fraction of courses generate 50% of instructor revenues?  

b. What course topics generate 50% of instructor revenues? 

c. What fraction of courses generate 50% of Udemy Business minutes watched?

d.  What course topics generate 50% of Udemy Business minutes watched?  

I suspect these and similar questions are very hard to get answers to in terms of really understanding the "how and why" of who's successful on Udemy, but thought it was worth asking.  

Who Me Too'd this topic