Reached the 2 Comma Club, 1 Million in Lifetime Earnings on Udemy

2»

Comments

• Jilsonrs
    Jilsonrs Posts: 38 storyteller rank

Hello, @JohnThompson
    Congratulations on the incredible achievement, and thank you very much for sharing your success story with us. You can be sure that it is a source of inspiration for all of us.
    I wish you even more success, and I hope we can celebrate a new achievement together very soon.

• EliF1
    EliF1 Posts: 15 researcher rank

Congratulations on reaching 7 digits!!! That's mind-blowing!

Thank you for sharing your story! It's so inspiring.

I've just launched my first course. And it will be a very long way to perfection. But a very interesting way.
    "The important part is to always be learning and improving" - I absolutely agree with this.

Novice instructors look at successive instructors or bloggers who started their career 5-10-15 year ago, and sometimes they are like: "Isn't it late to start in 2024?". Especially when your quality is not good and your topic is popular. What can you advice in this case?

• John,

You said,

"I have an assistant, a video editor, and couple of teacher assistants for helping with student questions"

Wonderful suggestion. Not to be afraid at the early stage to get

1. An assistant

2. Video editor

3. Assistant to answer students questions

4. Focus on creating & editing contents

I appreciate you.

• Adnan_Ali
    Adnan_Ali Posts: 1 observer rank

Hi ,

I just launched my first course on udemy 3 to 4 days back. I dont know what to do next as zero enrolments and not even a traffic on my course. i dont know if udemy promotes new instructors courses as i even cant search my course if try to search it as an student.

Any suggestions please?

Thnaks

Best Regards,

Adnan Ali

• Congratulations !

• This is inspiring. I just launched my first not 15 minutes ago.

Thanks for the encouragement

And congratulations!!

• RonErez
    RonErez Posts: 109 storyteller rank

Hello John,

I want to begin by expressing my congratulations on your success and gratitude for sharing your inspiring story. I have a question regarding microphones. Currently, I'm utilizing a Blue Yeti, which, as you noted, tends to capture background noises such as birds and dogs outside. Do you have any recommendations for a microphone that might be better suited for my needs? I'm preparing to develop multiple new courses and believe it's time to upgrade my equipment. Over the past year, I've experienced some degree of success and I'm eager to enhance my setup.

Best,
    Ron

• Congratulations!

• I hope to have as much luck as you did just starting out.