So many questions...

My name is Mandar. I am from India.

I am transiting into third innings of my career and have deep interest in teaching technology subjects to aspiring students. However so many questions pop my mind —-

1. How do I create content ? - involved tools especially ?
  2. Who decides the course fees ?
  3. Is there any relation between the set course fees and length\duration of the content ?
  4. How often does the instructors get paid for their course ?

Any more guidance for newbies like me ?😊

Best Answer

• ElianaC
    ElianaC Posts: 5,404 Udemy rank
    Answer ✓

Hi @stellartech Welcome to the instructor community! Since we function primarily as an on-demand, video-based platform, you’ll need to upload your video files directly to Udemy. In other words, students must be able to view their course lectures on the Udemy platform. You can start creating your course via this link

Here are some great resources to help you get started:

1.Course Quality Checklist: a helpful checklist to ensure your course meets the minimum requirements
    Udemy's Official “How To” Video Courses: this course covers best practices for designing an impactful learning experience and features tips from some of our top instructors. We’ll guide you through our recommended course creation process and share helpful resources to help you get started.

2. The course price is from $20- $200. For more information on pricing your course, please review this article.

3. There are longer courses on the platform and are priced at $20, and $49.99 It all depends on what you want to offer and how you want to value your course.

4. Udemy pays instructors 30 days after the end of the month. For example, if a student purchases your course at any time in October, you will receive a payment within the first week of December. This delay allows all purchases to pass the 30-day refund period.

I hope this helps!

Answers