Using academy name as instructur

Hello, I am going to publish my first course. How is it possible to publish it with a pen name or an academy name? There is an option for the instructor profile where I can set the name. If I set it to my academy name, where do I provide my legal name? I am confused. If I use the academy name in the instructor profile, how will they verify my identity?

Best Answer

• MarinaT
    MarinaT Posts: 1,991 Udemy rank
    Answer ✓

Hi @Huda123_,

Thank you for your post and for your interest in becoming a Udemy instructor!

You can absolutely publish a course under a pen name or academy name. However, as you correctly mentioned, there may be additional steps to verify your account. Our Trust & Safety team may reach out during the Quality Review process to provide further details before you publish.

For your instructor profile, you can add your pen or academy name in the "first name" or "last name" fields under the Profile & Settings section. If you'd like to share your legal name with your learners, you can include it in your instructor bio. Please click here to learn more about the above.

I hope this helps! If you have more specific questions, it's best to contact our Trust&Safety team at policy@udemy.com.