AV set up for a first time instructor

Hi all,

I am contemplating making a course with some talking head videos and some powerpoint slides. For audio, I purchased a Blue Yeti mic and for video, I am using my iphone 7 and have a Windows computer. I tested the audio on audacity and video and they both seem good. The problem is that they are both separate. How do I synch them together? Also, what software should I use to record the audio and video so that they are in one file and do not require synching? Is it camatasia?

I am completely lost here. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Comments

• Hi, you can use Camtasia to do that but it's not free, otherwise, you can use a free software like OBS.

• FrankKane
    FrankKane Posts: 1,806 rolemodel rank

It would save you a lot of trouble if you used a webcam, such as a Logitech C920 or C930. That way you can connect both your mic and camera directly to your PC, and record them together - avoiding the need to download video from your phone and sync it up.

• Thanks! So if I buy the Logitech webcam, what program do I use to record the audio and video together?

• Thank you! Camtasia is only for editing right? Or can it also be used for recording?

• itshayat
    itshayat Posts: 1 observer rank

Contact me through my gamil i can share my paid version filmora with you.

Cutesuddis@gmail.com