Quality Review Process: notice on wait times

Hi everyone,

We've seen a recent spike in new courses submitted for review, leading to longer waiting times when publishing new courses. The Quality Review team is working on serving these requests as quickly as possible, but we may not be able to review all courses within the usual window of 2 business days.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Comments

• Hi! @Abbie

I hope that you are very well. Welcome to you and Udemy Community!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Congratulations for your feedback!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

• Vickicup
    Vickicup Posts: 25 trailblazer rank

Hi Abbie,

Yes, I was starting to wonder about that. Is it possible if your team could prioritize reviewing courses that only had minor changes made during review first? E.g. if a lecture simply had to be renamed prior to being approved.

It would be extremely ridiculous if instructors had to wait for another 2 days for such a minor fix, especially since we're literally relying on the reviewers before our courses could be published in a timely manner. Perhaps if the changes were so minor, the reviewers could simply have made the minor changes themselves (like renaming a lecture title) and then approving the course - that would have been more efficient.

Thanks.

• Hi! @Vickicup

Thanks for your feedback!!! Go ahead!!! Move ahead!!! Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

• Hi @Vickicup
    , I have a doubt. After my course is live if I change the title of one video does it goes for review again? If so, during that review process students won't be allowed to enroll?

• Mark61
    Mark61 Posts: 3 researcher rank

I take it this is also true for test videos? This is now day seven after submission and I'm still "in the queue" I'm three quarters way through filming and uploading my lectures without knowing if they will meet the standard. So I may have to do them all again. And, because I am living in Spain, it turns out I need to do a video verification and it can't be done until the full course is uploaded and then there is no guarantee I'll be verified. If I am not verified it was all for nothing? Not the Udemy start I was hoping for!
    A somewhat disappointed first timer.

regards, Mark61

• DYay2810
    DYay2810 Posts: 176 storyteller rank

No @astroengineer
    your course doesn't go into review again :robothappy:

• @DYay2810
    Thanks for your reply

• DYay2810

No problem

• DYay2810

You will need to have patience, recently Udemy has seen a spike for these test videos. So please wait, and I am sure Udemy will get back to you as soon as possible. Hope you understand and stay safe

• I'm in the same situation , 13 days ago I submitted my test video.

I understand that due to the corona situation people are looking for alternative ways to create money, and creating courses is by far the easiest way to do so. so there must be hundreds, if not thousands of video's being posted for review.

Sad that you can't really start recording the courses before you got a reply on your test video, without having the risk to redo every single video if something needs to be improved with the test video.

• Vickicup
    Vickicup Posts: 25 trailblazer rank

@astroengineer
    - once it's live, any changes made won't incur a review. Before it's published though unfortunately... everything will be dependent on the reviewer and how thorough he or she is. For example, if they missed something and then mention it the second time... causing you to incur another waiting round for another thing to address just because he/ she missed it the first time. >.>

• DYay2810

Sorry to hear that :(

• Mark61
    Mark61 Posts: 3 researcher rank

Extrodineraly shortsighted on their part. Real experts are being forced to sit at home right now and have gold to share, and by the time they get the green light from Udemy, they will all be back at work and won't have the time.
    Meanwhile, thousands of people with experience and no work could be reviewing the videos and speeding the process up.

Someone should do a course on it! 🤣🤣🤣

regards, Mark.

• DYay2810

If you want me to have a look at your video and give you some feedback on it. I would be glad to help you out :)

• DYay2810

Woah!! 70% MORE!!

• I might just take you up on that. Will have to contact you when I'm on my PC that has the video on it.

I guess uploading the video on youtube with a private link and posting that link here is the easiest way? (can't find a PM option here.)

• DYay2810

Yes sure!!

• Thank you @Abbie

• Hi! @Abbie

Thanks for your help and support!!! God bless you!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

• @Vickicup
    Thanks, I get it.

• @Abbie
    Thank you for the update

• It is Understandable @Abbie
    , with lot of people workign from home, many have found way to use the time to create new videos. comsidering the situations at hand i think its fair to wait for some more days to have reviews completed.

• Hi! @Abbie

Congratulations for your help and support!!! God bless you!!! Go ahead!!! Move ahead!!! Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

• Hi @Abbie
    . I submitted my course on April 10 and its yet to be approved. Usually, my courses are approved in about 2 days. How long approximately do you think it will be before my course is approved? Its a fairly small course and used the setting approved of in the test video I submitted in March 2020.

• DYay2810

Hi!! 10th of April was a Friday so that's probably why.

• How long is it taking (on an average) for the courses to be approved?

• DYay2810

Usually, it takes 2 business days however as you are aware of the COVID-19 outbreak this may vary

• Thanks. I will get back in touch on Friday if the course is still stuck.