Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join us for a webinar: “Learning Principles for Udemy Instructors”

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Instructor Community!

We are excited to bring you another educational webinar.  On June 30th at 12pm** PST/ 3pm EST we’ll be sitting down with Melissa Belardi, Lead Learning Designer at Udemy to discuss the 4 learning principles and how you can incorporate these principles into your courses.

Space is limited to the first 500 attendees. Register here. We look forward to connecting with you virtually on June 30th! 

If you have any specific questions for Melissa, leave them in the comments below.

*Please note that this event is being held in English.* 

**We recognize that in trying to accommodate the time zones this time might not be the ideal time frame for some of you, however, a replay of the webinar will be available in the community later in the week.

Eliana Cerna 

Udemy Community Moderator 

22 Comments
RealSanlyWoo1987
Observer
Observer

When will this program or webinars start?

GuruAmy281
Observer
Observer

i really appreciate the effort, will surely join

DiogoAlvesd487
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Looking forward to watching the replay!

Slidescope
Rookie
Rookie

This can be really helpful.

MY QUESTION: Though many many people sign up for self enrichment / professional development courses, many of them do not get invested enough to either complete the course OR follow the strategies they learnt in them. How do we as instructors make sure that we are motivating them and moving them to start really caring about the compelling content that we make? Apart from spending hours in making good content, we also have to make the course an experience that they cherish rather than a "one-off thing" that they do in their busy schedule. How do we achieve that? 

RidwanMarqas
Observer
Observer

Greetings 
well done.

Question:

Hello, my question is in regards to new instructors planning to join Udemy. browsing through the content, there are already many courses around that are well designed & have been improved over the years. how can upcoming instructors stand out? & do you support marketing the course outside of the Udemy plateform?

Regards,

Youssef

RogerAndrews
Rookie
Rookie

Hi people. Hope you are all well. just wanted to find out, there are some courses which are advertised as "ACCREDITED", eg " PSYCHOLOGY DIPLOMA: Anxiety & Panic Attacks (ACCREDITED) Is this course credit bearing?

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RealSanlyWoo1987, thank you for asking! This webinar will be happening at 12pm PST on June 30th. 🙂

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RogerAndrews, thank you for your question! 

Udemy is not an accredited institution. We offer courses based on specific skills, taught by experts for students interested in learning what they want, whenever they want.

Our certificates can be printed or shared on sites like LinkedIn or Facebook to indicate completion of the course, and many students have acquired valuable skills with Udemy, which have helped them grow in their jobs without the high cost of a certification course. 

Any situation in which you feel there might be a false advertisement can be reported to policy@udemy.com, as it helps us maintain a safe and positive learning environment for all. Our Trust and Safety team will be happy to investigate and answer any further questions you may have.

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

The time is very inconvenient for Europe= Will you make a recording of the webinar?

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @StefaniaDim131, I completely understand that the time is inconvenient for instructors in Europe, but rest assured, we will record the webinar and post it in the community so you can watch it on your own time. 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

SilWright
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Looking forward to watching the replay.

I just signed up today, will there be another Learning the Principles of Udemy Instructors session coming up in July?

Hi, Where can we access the recording link? Thank you.

Melanie Gao
Observer
Observer

I'd love to see a recording of this session as well - where could I find it?

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @EhrenMuhammd85, we are planning another webinar this month but the theme will be ''Social Media''.  We'll share more details once it's confirmed. In the meantime, feel free to watch the recording of the Learning Principles webinar here. 🙂

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Praseeda Sreedharan and @Melanie Gao, you can watch the recording of this webinar here. We hope you enjoy it! 😊

@Bella thank you! 

Melanie Gao
Observer
Observer

Perfect - thanks Bella!

debra1111
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Maybe in the future we can get the slideshow. The entire script was on the PowerPoint slides so a busy instructor could read themselves in 1/4 the time without filler words.

Blogging Betty Boomer
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Where can I find the replay?