Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New month new theme: Udemy Principles

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Instructor Community!

It’s finally December and that means there’s a new theme! This month’s theme is Udemy Principles. 

At Udemy, we have a goal to provide flexible, effective skill development that empowers organizations and individuals. Our values guide us in how we do business and interact with each other. Our Values are to be:

Earnestly Authentic

Individually humble, collectively proud

Always learning

Courageously experimental

Results Driven

Throughout the month of December, we will be reflecting with the community on what Udemy’s principles are and how they could be applied through being an instructor! 

As a reminder, don’t forget to sign up for this month’s coffee chat Thursday, December 8th 10:00am PT. We’ll discuss what being an instructor means to you and opportunities to network with your fellow instructors. 

You can sign up for the coffee chat here

To kick off the month, we have a question for you.

What reasons motivated you to become an instructor?

Post your response in the comments below!

2 Comments
Vipin Gupta
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

I am teaching from last 27 years and my passion for teaching has not diminished. Instead with passage of time, it is increasing.

There are multiple reasons for me to become an instructor (teacher)

- It is one of most satisfying profession. It gives you immense pleasure when you help students by making complex concepts look easy, guide them in their career path.

- My father was an exceptional teacher. He spent most of his life teaching unprivileged sections of the society and results were very good. He used to treat his students like his own children. He always wanted best for his students. I just wanted to be like him.

- As a teacher, when you interact with younger generation, you also feel younger, creative, full of life, full of energy and enthusiasm. (People rightly say, age is just a number)

- Books has always been my first love. As a teacher, I can always remain close to my first love.

amulia&8
Researcher
Researcher

It is really exciting to be a teacher and share a lot of courses with international students. Since I was a teacher in University Colleges for the last 24 years, I have with me well-prepared courses to share now with students through Udemy. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT