Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Plan: Annual Plan payments and other updates

RyanJaress
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

As we head into the end of the year, we wanted to provide an update on our continuing work to offer both subscription and purchase options for individual learners on Udemy. Here are the big takeaways from the latest on Personal Plan, our individual subscription option: 

• We've started offering learners the option to subscribe in more countries, including Canada and India
  • We've been piloting more robust, career-based guidance to help learners find the right content within Personal Plan, and seen promising results in terms of learner engagement
  • We've introduced an annual payment option for subscribers, and established increased rewards for instructor promotions that lead to annual subscriptions

We encourage you to read more in the Teaching Center, and of course to bring your questions and feedback here in the Community.

Teach on,

Ryan

2 Comments
AndréGomesR395
Observer
Observer

Hi, when will it be offered to Brazilian students?

Amardeep
Researcher
Researcher

Sir, I was a bit let entry (post covid) to the instructor club. 

My course was prepared with utmost sincerity, and yet it continues to remain out of the radar of your algorithms because they seem to pick courses that have high enrollments and high ratings. I have no marketing skills, and no marketing team, and no money to buy enrollments and reviews, and no covid-boom enrollments to promote my course.

So the natural corollary is - my course stays out of the business and personal plans because it doesn't have reviews and enrollments - AND - if it doesn't reach the business and personal plans it won't get any enrollments. The deadlock stays forever!

Please my suggestion is that instead of relying on your algorithms please get some expert teachers to objectively examine the courses in specific niches.

Sorry, if I am being too negative.

PS: I know I am just two reviews away from basic qualification to business plan - BUT I WON'T BUY THEM. I could have easily created a few fake accounts from family members and covered up that gap - BUT MY NATURE DOESN'T ALLOW ME DO THAT.