Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register Now - Course Creation for Udemy Instructors w/ Jimmy Naraine

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Instructors!

This month we are focused on the topic of course creation and who better to share his course creation process with you than Jimmy Naraine! He is an instructor to over 315k students and has over 60k top reviews!

Untitled design.png

On August 22nd at 10:00am PST we’ll be sitting down with Jimmy to hear about the course creation process he has developed that has helped him launch 37 courses on Udemy. He’ll also be taking your live questions towards the end of the webinar.

Feel free to kick things off by adding your questions in the comments below! 

Please use this link to register. Space is limited to the first 500 participants.

We recognize that in trying to accommodate the time zones this time might not be the ideal time frame for some of you, however, a replay of the AMA  will be available in the community later in the week.

*Please note that this event is being held in English.* 

We look forward to connecting with you virtually on August 22nd at 10:00am PST. Until then, please let us know if you have any follow-up questions.

42 Comments
RupinderSayal
Observer
Observer

Thanks for organizing this webinar. I am looking forward to learning from Mr. Naraine.

LauraBrowne
Observer
Observer

This is great! Do we need to sign up to get the replay or will it be available to eveyone in the community?

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great! Look forward to seeing you at the webinar!

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question Laura! The replay will be available in the community a few days after the live event.

RobLittlepa912
Researcher
Researcher

Thanks - looking forward to this!

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great! Jimmy will be happy to answer any questions you might have! 🙂

SankalpChhabra
Observer
Observer

That's great. Look forward to attending. @ChrystieV - What's the plan on resuming Instructor Connect Zoom Meetings that were being organized monthly. Those haven't happened since June. The webinar option doesn't allow instructors to connect and chat with each other.  Could we resume the meetings format as well?

OrkunÖztürk
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks for organizing this webinar. 😊

NadiaStrach327
Observer
Observer

Looking forward to this webinar

Shigeru_M
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Wow! Great event! I started to make Udemy courses because of Jimmy! His courses are so powerful and beautiful that I was motivated to make my own. My courses never reach his courses' superb quality, he inspires me to continue and improve. 

ScottDuffy
Community Champion

@JimmyNaraine had some of the best looking and sounding course videos on Udemy at a time when every other instructor looked like their recorded their courses using a 2.0MP camera.

He was recording courses at a beach even. With impeccable quality.

Ask him what gave him the idea to go extremely hard on video quality so many years ago?

And how are his brothers doing?

VanessaVivi260
Researcher
Researcher

Great topic, exactly what I need.

Looking forward to it

Vanessa

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SankalpChhabra, glad to hear you will be joining this webinar! The zoom coffee chat sessions are still happening! We run them every month, and the next one will be happening on August 19th! You can sign up to participate here. 😊

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

CristianBarin
Researcher
Researcher

Looking forward to it!

samantha.willden
Observer
Observer

I am looking forward to it! I am particularly curious about his process for developing activities within the course. 

ismailkhuz16
Observer
Observer

I am looking forward to join process thank you very much

krchome
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Hi Guys,

I am an instructor located in Auckland New Zealand and the time doesn't suit me at all. The equivalent NZ time is early morning 5 AM the next day (23 August). As I have a small grand daughter to look after, I won't be able to attend at this time even if I wish. 

I suggest why don't you conduct different sessions keeping in mind Australia and New Zealand instructors? This is being done by YouTube as well to cater to people like me.

Look forward to a constructive reply.

Regards,

Kaushik 

AxelRittershaus
Community Champion

Knowing of @JimmyNaraine 's success and having seen him present, it will for sure be a very valuable session.

I won't be able to make it in person, but I look forward to the recording.

Thanks to @ChrystieV for organizing it and to Jimmy for investing his time in this community.

Axel

JimmyNaraine
Observer
Observer

Hi Everyone,
I'm really looking forward to running this session. It's always a pleasure to speak to my fellow instructors, as we are all in the same boat and understand each other 🙂 I will do my best to provide as much value as possible, so everyone comes out with at least some golden nuggets.
Thanks for the kind comments, and see you all on Monday!
Jimmy

hemangdoshi99
Observer
Observer

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your time and eagerly waiting for your session. 

SankarThakur
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you for invite

Ryan000smith
Rookie
Rookie

How long is the expected duration for this webinar?

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @krchome, thank you for your feedback. We completely understand that, in a community of instructors from all over the world, this time might not be convenient for everyone. We are working with our team to schedule these sessions at variable times to accommodate other time zones in the future.

In the meantime, we will be posting the replay of the webinar for those who cannot attend. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how much you value these sessions. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ryan000smith, the webinar's expected duration is 1h. We hope to see you there!🙂

Ejiofor Umeano
Observer
Observer

I am new to the community. I am glad to know that I am not alone

RobertoPere862
Observer
Observer

O Webinar ficará disponível para assistir mais tarde?

krchome
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Hi @Bella 

Thanks for recordingb the webinar for the likes of mine. Let me know the link for the recording as and when available.

Cheers,

Kaushik

SebiGloeckner
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Cool, thank you!

Thanks 

xtim
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you for the invite Udemy Team!

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Olá @RobertoPere862! Sim, uma gravação do webinar ficará disponível na comunidade após o evento para quem não puder participar. Caso você não possa comparecer, me avise que eu irei te marcar quando o vídeo estiver disponível! 😊

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, the webinar will be starting in just a few minutes. See you soon! 😁

AnitaLos738
Observer
Observer

Thank you for the great tips and useful links! I learned a lot today.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, @AnitaLos738, we're so glad you enjoyed Jimmy's presentation today! Oh, and welcome to the community. 😁

Kingscrusher
Observer
Observer

Thanks for this seminar - some very interesting and useful tips and advice

Cheers, Tryfon

JimmyNaraine
Observer
Observer

Wow  @Shigeru_M  and @AxelRittershaus  - that's so awesome to hear, thank you!
Axel your session was great.

JimmyNaraine
Observer
Observer

@ScottDuffy - the man, the legend 😎 thanks Scott

"Ask him what gave him the idea to go extremely hard on video quality so many years ago?

And how are his brothers doing?"

- I made a conscious decision early on that if I don't give it my all, I will end up slapping myself in the face later on. I had a feeling that Udemy could replace a full-time income while creating a positive impact, but I also knew that, just like in any area of life, if you want to make something happen, you cannot avoid a ridiculous work ethic. 

So... I decided to get obsessed. It seemed like the best way to stand out was to focus on the video quality. I couldn't afford a proper video crew, so I did the second best thing - I structured a % deal. Worst case, we would all lose a bit of time (while getting invaluable experience). Best case - we would all benefit as a team. Getting a % of the profit incentivized them to give it their all. 

As for filming in nature, here's a little bit of background. Ever since I remember, I loved traveling. Even when I was broke at university, I still found a way to travel (cheap flights, hitchhiking, and sleeping on beaches and in parks). Later, at Goldman Sachs, when people told me that I wouldn't have the time to travel, I still did it. I would leave the office on Friday evening, go straight to the airport, get a cheap flight to some European destination and come back on Sunday night to go back to the office. 

Since travel had always been such a big part of my life, I figured that I might as well take my students on my journeys. I had an instinctive feeling that it would make the content more compelling as it would trigger a lot of curiosity. At the same time, filming in nature is extremely inspiring, and you often find yourself getting into long flow states (which makes your content better). Also, people often assume that it has to be prohibitively expensive, but this challenge can be hacked. How? By getting a team of people who are also passionate about traveling and would do it anyway, plus using travel hacks to do everything on a budget. 

As for my brother and dad - they are doing great, thanks for asking Scott! 
My father (Dr Roy Naraine) has 130k students now, and I'm actually visiting them now in Poland, trying to brainwash them to make some extra content 😉

JimmyNaraine
Observer
Observer

Thanks to everyone for joining the webinar! I had a great time running the session, and I hope that you got some golden nuggets from it. It's always fun to connect with other instructors, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at future events (and hopefully the UDEMY LIVE soon!!!). Cheers!
Jimmy

CarlosM
Observer
Observer

Hi,

Where can we access to the recorded session with Jimmy?

Regards.

Carlos.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CarlosM, the replay of this webinar has been posted here. 😊

Kabuin733
Researcher
Researcher

Community professional

ismailkhuz16
Observer