Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome and Congratulations Messages Enabled

Lili
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Instructors - 

We have reenabled the welcome and congratulations messages for free and paid courses on the marketplace and Udemy for Business. These messages were previously turned off due to the unprecendeted surge in traffic and enrollments our site experienced earlier this year. Our engineers are continuously monitoring the systems to ensure site stability. 

Please let us know if you have any questions!

10 Comments
RajeshReddy680
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

It was great feature 

ANJALI
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Wow!! So glad to hear this. Smiley Happy

BarryMapp
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

Great that it is back

One (unintended) consequence of shutting down the automatic messaging system was that several of my recent students seemed unaware that there was a messaging system available to them. I had several messages like this (eventually):

Hi Barry,

Thank you so much for sharing the info on how to message the instructor. Although I have already completed around 4 courses on Udemy, I wasn't aware that a message could be sent directly to the instructor. Thanks again for that.

Thanks again,

Best Regards,

So maybe if Udemy have to shut the automatic messages off again they could ensure that they make students aware that there actually is a messaging system

Lili
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BarryMapp - thanks for the feedback! I've passed this along internally. 

Ranjithvasudev
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

@Lili wrote:

Hi Instructors - 

We have reenabled the welcome and congratulations messages for free and paid courses on the marketplace and Udemy for Business. These messages were previously turned off due to the unprecendeted surge in traffic and enrollments our site experienced earlier this year. Our engineers are continuously monitoring the systems to ensure site stability. 

Please let us know if you have any questions!

I guess this feature is disabaled again 😞

Lili
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ranjithvasudev  - no, this feature has not been disabled. If you are experiencing a new problem, you may want to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com with details of the issue. 

Ranjithvasudev
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Hi @Lili ,

Thanks for d update 🙂 

Jack_Bosma
Traveler Traveler
Traveler

I like to see continuous improvements.

ElectricLady
Rookie
Rookie

How do I EDIT my welcome & congratulations messages?

Ranjithvasudev
Trailblazer Trailblazer
Trailblazer

Ranjithvasudev_0-1634906083380.png

Hi @ElectricLady 

Go to manage courses, under that you shall be able to see an option as "Course messages" that shall help you to edit the welcome and congratulation messages! (Above Pic for reference) 

Thank you!