Which Editing Software do you use?

Comments

• Amir_Atef
    Amir_Atef Posts: 1 observer rank

Adobe premiere

• Does it allow you to zoom into the footage, like Camtasia?

• Adobe premiere Pro for ever

• Salil Dhawan
    Salil Dhawan Posts: 304 mentor rank

Adobe Premiere Pro. It is a little difficult as it has a lot more features but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. Recommend taking a Premiere Pro course on Udemy, I took Phil's.

For images, use Adobe express, comes with the Adobe subscription, or Canva.

• I prefer OBS Studio + Openshot video editor.

• rafi9898
    rafi9898 Posts: 22 trailblazer rank

Camtasia Studio

• I use Snagit and then use iMovie for editing (everything on a Mac)

• PhillipBurton
    PhillipBurton Posts: 384 visionary rank

>> It's also annoying that I need to buy additional licenses for every computer I might edit on.

Just in case you don’t know, a single license allows you to install it onto 2 computers.

• PhillipBurton
    PhillipBurton Posts: 384 visionary rank

Camtasia, and then upload it to Auphonic to ensure that the audio is at a consistent level.

If you have problems with sound levels between videos, please look at Auphonic, which just solves those problems for me.

• RevanthSM
    RevanthSM Posts: 10 researcher rank

I use NCH Suite.

Screen and Audio Recording - Debut Video Capture Software

Audio Editing (Noise Cancellation) - Wavepad

Video Editing - Videopad

All of the above are from the same company.

• I use Screenflow on my Macbook & Camtasia on my Windows Laptop.

• ImiR
    ImiR Posts: 7 researcher rank

How do you approach editing the video and the audio - do you feed the video into Camtasia first to edit the video/cut sections that you don't want and THEN feed the audio into Audacity and reattach to the video?

• Hey,

I keep content simple and hence Microsoft's Video Editor (Successor to Movie Maker) works ok for me.

Cheers!

• Well, I think mine is on the contrary, probably because I am new here, but however I will be using ADOBE PREMIER PRO. / AE

• I use Camtasia, and love it. It is easy to use and powerful at the same time

• Camtasia on Windows 11

WonderShare Filmora 11 on macOS Monterey V.12.6.1

• Dear Mr.Hardin

I have just started to upload videos in udemy. I also use CAMTASIA. The screen recording is 1920 * 1080P, and the output is the same. After uploading to udemy, the video always shows black edges. After many modifications, the result is still the same. Have you ever met? thank you

• Hi Lisa,

After a lot of trial and error in the beginning, I finally opted to use the NCH software suite.

Videopad for editing video's, Wavepad for sound editing, Video capture for video recording and Photpad for image editing. I find all these very effective and easy to use. Not that expensive either. Give them a try.

• ImiR
    ImiR Posts: 7 researcher rank

Hi, I started using OBS for capturing the video from the screen and Davinci Resolve for the editing. Its working well for me so far

• Thanks,dear.

I am really crazy of the black bars around my video, actually i cannot seen them in my side

• Camtasia for screen recording, quicktime for webcam recording. Latest version of Camtasia is not good at all for capturing webcams to be honest. However you can use it with quick time and everything will work fine.

• Same here. Good stuff.

• Thanks Bernard, ive tested Davinci and it seems to be effective.

Great recommendation.

• I use Adobe Premiere Elements (Not Premiere Pro). The pro version is both expensive and needlessly complicated. Elements does everything you will need, is simple to use and is inexpensive. I don't know why more people don't use it.

• Hola a todos!! Soy nueva y estoy cargando mi primer curso. Consulta general! Utilizan Camtasia con versión PRO, o se puede usar en la versión gratuita?. Desde ya, muchas gracias!!!

• Hi there! Suppose I don't want to appear in my videos, but I'm looking for a software that can create a 3D animated avatar that speaks what I say in the video. Which software options are available for me to achieve this?

• I strongly believe in free stuff. In fact, my course is about PowerPoint and free tools. So my work process is as follows:

1. Create a presentation in PowerPoint.

2. Record and clean audio in Audacity. (I use a cheap lapel mike plugged into my notebook.)

3. I Save a separate clip for each Slide from my clean Audacity project.

4. I set each clip to play automatically when the slide plays.

5. I set each animation's time (eg. text appearance) on each slide to sync with the audio.

6. I save the whole presentation as an MP4 file.

7. I edit the MP4 file in Clipchamp, usually adding my talking head video and a second or so of branding. Clipchamp gives some free background music that you can put on your final product and provides very accurate captions. The final product is exported in the required 1080 format with good audio.

• Ok thank You all, I will try these apps.

I have used capcut

• Camtasia .