Fixing a Mistake in A Video

If I record an 8-10 minute video section and I made a little mistake or say the wrong thing briefly, what are your suggestions so I'm not having to re-record a new video or having to pay an editor.

Tagged:

Comments

• PhilEbiner
    PhilEbiner Posts: 157 visionary rank

CapCut is a free video editing app and fairly simple to use. A simple edit of a mistake wouldn’t be too hard to do.

have you tried any video editing apps yourself?

• Hello,

If you make a small mistake in an 8-10 minute video, you can avoid re-recording by using simple video editing software like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker to make quick edits. You can overlay text or graphics to correct the mistake, add a voiceover, cut out the error and insert a new clip, or use a jump cut. Alternatively, you can include a note in the video MyIndigoCard or mention the correction in a follow-up video or the video description. These methods allow you to fix errors easily without needing to pay an editor.

• AliGafar
    AliGafar Posts: 1 observer rank

You can use any video editor like CapCut

• Hi monica use other video editor and use rode mic.thanks

• Robert_Hean
    Robert_Hean Posts: 91 storyteller rank

Hey @AdamHelmker104 - depending on how small the fix could be as simple as putting on-screen text with the correct word. I typically only do this when I have a tight deadline (e.g. trying to crank out a youtube video for a launch) since doesn't fix the audio problem, but does correct the mistake.

You can also try to get tricky with audio editing and cut/paste the correct word in… this is… non-ideal as it can easily sound bad.

Depending on the content you could also consider cutting that part out entirely.

Another thing I've done is to find some b-roll to go over the section, then re-record the audio. The transition to b-roll will hide the missing video of you, and if you re-record a few seconds on either side it can sound OK.