Headphone or mic advice

NehaMalikGoel
NehaMalikGoel Posts: 1 observer rank

Please suggest budget friendly mic or headphone for recording video as I am getting tin-can audio in my videos with echo and distortion on increasing volume.

I have tried to use adobe audition for the first time, but it didn't work as well.

Please also suggest, is ok to change mic or I should try some other features of adobe audition.

Right now, I am using Microphone: Boya ByM1 Auxiliary Omnidirectional Lavalier.

Comments

• For improved audio quality in your video recordings, consider upgrading to a USB condenser microphone like the Audio-Technica ATR2500x-USB or the Blue Snowball iCE. These options offer clearer sound and are budget-friendly. Additionally, use Adobe Audition's tools for noise reduction and equalization to enhance your recordings further. Ensure proper mic placement and adjust recording levels to avoid distortion. (Link removed by moderator)

• Robert_Hean
    Robert_Hean Posts: 91 storyteller rank

Heya @NehaMalikGoel ! That is a great question… honestly ANY mic will sound better than what's in our computer (they're not bad for video conference, but… bad for recroding).

As @KatelynShir452 mentions the Blue Snowball is a good, cheap, option (~$60 USD last I checked?). Making sure it's close to your mouth is also important as mics can have a limited pickup range.

That said I've also had success with a $10 USB lavalier mic (clips to my collar) (I just went to amazon, typed in "cell phone lav mic" and picked a cheap one).

There is an argument for a more expensive mic, but honestly the difference between no mic and ANY mic is massive… the distance between a cheap mic and a more expensive one can be much smaller.

• JaredJ_371
    JaredJ_371 Posts: 2 observer rank

I recommend getting a lavalier microphone so that you don't have to worry about where the mic is located while you're speaking. The one I use just recently became unavailable on Amazon but there are lots of great options from $30 to $100. Try to get one with active noise cancellation and gain control features. Most of them also come with two receivers so you can have up to two people talk at once into the audio channel.

If you want a more traditional microphone, the AudioPro X5 Microphone is a great affordable choice that sounds amazing. It's roughly $40 on Amazon. Here's a link: https://a.co/d/el9JEnE