Survey: Are you going to join the GenAI program?

Hello community!

I would like to generate a survey (unofficial of course) to see how many of you are thinking of joining the program, just by answering with 1 or 2 in the comments.

1. Yes, I will join the program
  2. No, I will join the program

Thank you!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Yes, but if things go further downhill than they already have for me, my plan is to opt out and exit the platform entirely.

• NinaW
    NinaW Posts: 24 trailblazer rank

I'm not sure. Before the revenue reduction, I was so excited about creating new classes. Toward the end of 2023, I was planning to make a major push with Udemy in 2024. Because of the revenue reduction, I'm honoring my obligations, but I'm in a "wait and see" mode. I'm especially concerned about the next revenue reduction in January.

In addition, my concern with joining the AI feature is that AI sites are very open about their material not being error-free. I work very hard to make my classes the most error-free possible. I was a teaching fellow at Harvard, and I've published twenty English language textbooks with major publishers. I've spent my career being dedicated to pushing myself to create the best content possible.

For me, it isn't just about the money my books would generate. It's that my name is on my textbooks. I want that to mean that people can trust the correctness of the material.