Ask Me Anything - Phil Ebiner, long-time instructor

123457»

Comments

• Hi Milivoj108!

It's been a while since I posted the original post, and I'm planning on making a video soon that includes a response to your question! Keep a look out for that!

Cheers,

Phil

• Hi Aakriti!

It's been a while since I posted the original post, and I'm planning on making a video soon that includes a response to your question! Keep a look out for that!

Cheers,

Phil

• Hi Ihab!

It's been a while since I posted the original post, and I'm planning on making a video soon that includes a response to your question! Sorry for the delay, and keep a look out for that!

Cheers,

Phil

• Hi Yossef!

It's been a while since I posted the original post, and I'm planning on making a video soon that includes a response to your question! Sorry for the delay, and keep a look out for that!

Cheers,

Phil

• Hi Meghana!

Cheers,

Phil

• Dude, first of all congrats (: hope i can get this kind of result someday hehe

my question for you:

1 - Do i have to worry when i launch a course and it doesn't sells? Maybe this course will starts to sell later, when i launch more courses?
    I ask you ths coz i dont understand how Udemy algorithym works.. My first 2 courses here was free courses, coz i was thinking Udemy was considering my students number to promote all my courses, but seen to not work like that. Maybe the key is the number of courses, at least, more than the number of students?

thanks (:

• Phil,

Thank you for making yourself available to ask questions. I just launched on Udemy a week ago and I am super excited. I want to be at the $1.5 million level one day.

Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 9.53.54 PM.png

To launch, I'm offering the course for cheap to friends, family, and early supporters to get reviews and feedback. I'm also using Udemy Promotions to deeply discount the course early on. I hope to get early reviews (50+) to gain enough traction to sell my course at full price.

Do you think this is a good strategy to start? What are some ways to build awareness and enthusiasm without an email list or many followers?

• Well, Udemy Organic and Ad Program bring the most of revenue as seen from your example.

Thanks for sharing!

• JesusFdez
    JesusFdez Posts: 10 researcher rank

Hello, congratulations on your experience.

Could you answer some questions for me?

1. Do you know if it is possible to use a voiceover from another person for the promotional video of a course? Having the rights to said audio.

2. Is it possible to show an embedded YouTube video fragment in one of the chapters of my course?

3. Is it possible to show a fragment of a PDF document in one of the chapters of my course? This PDF is publicly available on Google.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi Phil. How do you market your courses, or does Udemy do it for you?

• SansaoSeara
    SansaoSeara Posts: 626 visionary rank

Wow, your results are impressive, congratulations.

What tips would you give to get more courses included on Udemy Business?

thanks!

• Good to hear. Thanks for sharing your experience on this platform.

• Hello sir! I am 18 years old and founder of Techeducation.pro online course selling industry and also uploaded my first course on udemy also wanna join udemy deals program to promote my course, what suggestions do you give me?