Equipment recommendations, please

Hello all! My home studio setup is coming along, and the only problem I'm having is with the actual video recording. I started out using the smartphone I got about a year ago (Samsung Galaxy Light). The result is pretty good, but I can NOT transfer the MP4 from the smartphone to my laptop computer. I've tried at least a dozen workarounds, and all have failed, so I'm starting to think about just buying a camcorder. If I go that route, I'm interested in knowing that brand of camcorder people use and/or would recommend. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Remembered that I bought a Logitech Pro Webcam in 2009! I tested it, and so far everything looks good--software reinstalled with no problem, and both audio and video are working. Now working on the "glare on glasses" issue, which probably means buying a soft light ring.

Comments

• @LoriStephen867
    Can you transfer them to Dropbox? or strainght into Camtasia?

• I record from my iphone and don't have a problem - how big are your videos?

• I think I have resolved the problem. I learned from a rep at Best Buy to use the charger as a USB (i.e., plug the phone directly into my laptop). It worked! :-)

• Deni

i’m record also with my iPhone

so you know where is the link to start to uploading the videos?

tksss

• My phone is an android... so films are saved straight into my google account... I can view this from googles front page.... just click on the photos section and download them back to the laptop... have you already tried this ?