Udemy Promotion Schedule - Remainder of 2019

2»

Comments

• This is really helpful for me as a new teacher on Udemy, thank you so much for sharing this precious experience with us

• Shigeru_M
    Shigeru_M Posts: 730 rolemodel rank

@ScottDuffy

Thanks for your info. With this, I added new lectures to my main course. And for other courses, I updated contents so that "latest update" become all August.

Now, I am enjoying the all these efforts from ongoing August's back to school sale.

You have always guided me on this udemy journey since I began in 2015.

All time my favorite of Phil Ebiner's podcast episode is yours. I listen to it many times. I expecially love when you talk about your relationship with Udemy staffs. "You love them, they love you back".

Your biggest fan in Tokyo, Japan.

Shigeru Masukawa

• Thanks for the very useful information!!

• Thanks for the useful advice Scott

• ScottDuffy
    ScottDuffy Posts: 802 rolemodel rank

Thanks! I think you have been doing great on Udemy. You did all the hard work, and are getting the rewards from that.

Speaking of Tokyo, I want to go to the Japan 2020 Olympics! I don't know if I can, but I would like to.

• Wish I came across this post before I posted my first course in May 2019. My sales saw double digit growth MOM with August being an absolute delighter. However, the first 8 days of September have been extremely quite with the traffic to my landing page reducing by 50% and the conversion rate dipping from mid double digits to 6%. I was begining to blame the new pricing/promotion scheme launched by Udemy this month for this. Thanks for easing the anxiety of new instructors Scott. Have another course in the pipeline. Will move heaven and earth to publish it in the next month.

• I'm not following quite the same pattern... my August was a trainwreck sales wise, down about 30% on the same period last year. July does tend to be slow, but I find December quite good for sales if you pitch the fact poeple can gift courses (with a nice e-gift wrap!) in your promotions.

September seems to be picking up although it could be better... we'll have to wait and see what this pricing structure malarkey leads to.

• Thank you for the tips.

• Very very intuitive insight