Which microphone do you use?

2»

Comments

• Thanks @Rahul Iyer
    . As always, you are SUPER GENEROUS with your time and explanations, and we all really appreciate it. You are a real inspiration.

One thing I'm curious about: You talk about switching from Camtasia to Premiere Pro for video editing. I use Camtasia, and my reasoning is that since most of my video work is screencasting, I can record, edit, and output the final product all within the same software. I understand you feel that you get better quality with Premiere Pro, but is that also the case for screencasting? What specifically is better with Premiere Pro?

Thanks in advance - you've got me curious....

• Thank you for your kind words @StanVangild204

Great point and I completely missed it. Oops!

Premiere Pro doesn't allow us to do screen recording. So, for this purpose, I continue to use Camtasia. I then export the final screen recording output in the mp4 file format. Finally, I add this screen recording mp4 and the talking head videos (from the camera) to Premiere Pro and mesh them together to get a final product.

In my previous reply, I was referring to the quality of the talking head videos and stock footage(s) between Premiere Pro and Camtasia. Premiere Pro also allows us to alter and improve the audio quality considerably.

• THANKS! That makes sense. The only video of myself that I shoot right now is an intro, but if I start to do more talking head, will consider Premiere Pro. I used it a very long time ago - I think I could pick it back up pretty quickly. Thanks again!

• I started with Blue Yeti.

Currently, I use two microphones (one as a backup in case I mess up in recording)

1. Rode Wireless Filmmaker Kit

This is my primary microphone and records the sound in a DSLR (Canon 80D)

https://www.amazon.ca/Rode-RodeLink-Wireless-Filmmaker-System/dp/B00TV90DX0

2. Rode Podcaster (This is just a backup soundtrack)

It records the sound on the PowerPoint of the screen recording.

https://www.amazon.ca/Rode-Podcaster-USB-Dynamic-Microphone/dp/B000JM46FY

• Dheeru
    Dheeru Posts: 33 trailblazer rank

Great info. Thanks a lot @Rahul Iyer
    . It seems like a really complete set-up (from other post). Some of the things have gone over my head :). I am going to read it slowly and shall incorporate some of those things. It has taken you an year to get to that stage and that explains a lot. Great job. Will also do the course you have suggested.

For now one question I have is for Canon 750D, are you using the default lense that comes with it or have you also bought a separate one?

• That is correct. I use the default lens

• Dheeru
    Dheeru Posts: 33 trailblazer rank

Great. Thanks!!

• Thank you @SandeepKumar
    .. I agree, Rode has some of the best microphones. Very reliable. Love the Rode Wireless Filmmaker Kit

Thank you for sharing your inputs.

Rode RodeLink FM Digital Wireless Filmmaker SystemRode Podcaster USB Dynamic Microphone

• Your voice