1080p and 4K Blurry

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1080p and 4K Blurry

Go to solution

Hello,

I had gotten complaints ion the past that my videos are only 720p, knowing full well that I recorded in 1080p. They infact looked blurry and this was puzzling. 

I now record in4k and this has gotten even worse. 

What exactly is happening to my video quality after I upload to Udemy? The same video are pristine both on my pc, other PCs and on YouTube. 

I am genuinely confused. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi@TrevoirWill thanks for your question. I’m happy to give some background info about this to help explain why you are not seeing the 1080p option on your course videos.

Udemy employs an “Adaptive Streaming” player for course videos. This option is not yet available for all Udemy courses, but we’re always happy to enable it by instructor request.

When enabled, it means that students can choose an “Auto” streaming option for the course video. With this Auto option, 1080p streaming is possible, if the student has the streaming capability and necessary screen size to take advantage of 1080p.

Feel free to contact our team at instructorsupport@udemy.com and they will be happy to enable 1080p quality for your course. 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Go to solution

I think what happens is that Udemy compresses the size of the file to fit in the upload by reducing video quality. 

I am not sure how other people have good quality you should make a new thread and include it to people who have made videos like with a title like 

"Does anyone who have made course on Udemy know how to prevent my video quality from being reduced?" 

I would go for someting like that because it seems that people are able to prevent that but I am not sure how?

If you ask this question this will help me I am new to the Udemy platform and I actually I have never finished my course yet! 

Hope this helps! 

🙂 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi@TrevoirWill thanks for your question. I’m happy to give some background info about this to help explain why you are not seeing the 1080p option on your course videos.

Udemy employs an “Adaptive Streaming” player for course videos. This option is not yet available for all Udemy courses, but we’re always happy to enable it by instructor request.

When enabled, it means that students can choose an “Auto” streaming option for the course video. With this Auto option, 1080p streaming is possible, if the student has the streaming capability and necessary screen size to take advantage of 1080p.

Feel free to contact our team at instructorsupport@udemy.com and they will be happy to enable 1080p quality for your course. 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Go to solution

Hello Bella,
Is it possible for you guys to enable 2k videos 1440 also along with 1080? or the max is 1080 only?
I am having same issue

I am recording Angular Course on my 2k monitor so the screen recording is of 2k resolution 

The video was blurry when I uploaded on Test Video

However I got 5 star feedback but I found my video blurry so I am confuse whether to record video on 1080 or 2k and as of now I don't have any monitor with 1080 resolution

Go to solution

Be sure to reach out to Udemy support and request that the 1080p be enabled in the course. This way, all the videos will show 1080p once the viewer's bandwidth is capable.  

It is something I try to remember to do when I publish a new course. You should still be able to upload your 2K videos and request 1080p and not have blurry videos. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.