Animation software created in Vyond on Udemy without $90 transfer fee

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animation software created in Vyond on Udemy without $90 transfer fee

Hello, everyone.

I would like to use animation software to create my lectures and am wondering which animation software meets Udemy requirements but without the $90 "commercial rights transfer fee".

I was going to choose Vyond, but it appears that if I create the video in Vyond and then post it on Udemy, this is considered a "commercial rights transfer" since Udemy will be using the videos from my course in their business.

Per Vyond: "When do I transfer commercial rights to a video" 

You must transfer the commercial rights to a video created with Vyond any time a video is produced and delivered to a customer who will use the video in a commercial venture. Examples include, but are not limited to:

• Marketing
  • Training
  • Product or service announcements
  • Introductory or Explainer videos

Is this the case with all animation software?  How are instructors posting online courses on Udemy using animation without the $90 transfer fee?

Help!
Kathy

4 Replies

I dont think it will create any problem, just publish it on udemy and then delete it from Vyond  if it is free

This is an interesting topic @Kathy Faber . We're curious to see if others have faced anything similar and how they worked around it. What would others recommend doing? It may be very useful to new instructors to come! 

Hello, Maria and HSE-Trainer.

I did hear back from Vyond.  They said that as long as I created the animation using the commercial Vyond license, I could use the videos in my own courses.  I just can't create animations as a freelancer and sell the videos to others (e.g., to other instructors).

We're good to go!

Kathy

Thank you for sharing this update @Kathy Faber . We're sure this will be useful for Vyond users!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.