Are screenshots from videos blocked?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are screenshots from videos blocked?

A user in one of our courses asks:

> Why its not allowing to take the screenshot of the course?

> Why its not allowing to take the screenshot of the course, for my reference I took screenshot of architecture diagram but it is coming blank(black screen)

This does appear to be true: you can't make a screenshot from a video, either when the video is running, or when it's stopped.  Is this a Udemy thing (that can be configured on or off) or is it just a limitation on the video engine Udemy uses?

3 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rob-KodeKloud Due to anti-piracy initiatives that are in place for certain Udemy courses, screenshot functionality is not supported. These security measures leverage a variety of changes on how course videos stream, including video encryption and time-bound licensing to protect courses from being illegally consumed.  Instead of attempting to take screenshots of the course with these security measures applied, we advise students use the notes feature to help review important sections more easily in the future. 

If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to our Instructor Support team. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Hello @ElianaC,
Thank you for providing this information in reply to @Rob-KodeKloud regarding the anti-piracy initiatives and the limitations on screenshot functionality for certain Udemy courses.

It's good to know that Udemy is taking measures to protect the content and ensure the integrity of the learning experience.

The suggestion to use the notes Feature for reviewing important sections is a great alternative, and I appreciate your guidance on this matter.

Best regards,
Team AITCD

Good to know this feature is in place. Thanks!

(MDN)
Oracle DBA, APEX Developer & Intructor/Freelancer.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors