Are there any specific rules (or guidance around lectures filmed outdoors)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any specific rules (or guidance around lectures filmed outdoors)?

Hi and good morning from London, England.  I want to ask if there are any specific rules (or guidance) around lectures filmed outdoors?  Of course I need to take into consideration daylight quality and microphone issues, but apart from that, am I OK to make outside lectures part of my overall course?

4 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

What's great about Udemy is that unlike other platforms, you have a lot of creative freedom in how you present your courses.

If you want to film outdoors, go for it! It's of course more challenging to control the lighting outdoors and get consistent lighting as you record across different days at different times, but there's no policy against it if you're up for the challenge.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Why not? Some instructors have used an outdoor setting very effectively. See Clare Lynch's course on Writing with Confidence where she is different settings in Cambridge while talking about great writers and writing. Very effective. 

Also, see Chris Haroun's introductory lecture to his course on public speaking. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thanks so much for taking time out to respond, advice is very much appreciated!  have a great day!

Thanks Lawrence - I missed your name out of my reply!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.