Audio issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio issues

Go to solution

I record video and audio on my Samsung phone. I can't adjust the input volume. Is it ok to boost it using my audio director software? Will that still produce a good result?

I don't understand how to check audio volume before producing the video. Udemy said my test video was acceptable but could be louder.

LL
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I'm not familiar with Audio Director, but sure, boosting the level of what you've recorded after the fact is usually OK, if your original recording is clean. I think pretty much any video editing software can do this.

Of course it's better to record at good levels to begin with. You might consider investing in a lavalier mic that connects to your phone (such as the Rode SmartLav+) in order to get a cleaner, louder recording of your voice when recording from a smartphone. 

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hi Lizzy.

Yes it's fine to turn up your audio after recording. However you will also turn up any

noise that is present as well.

I had a quick look at the manual for Audio Director and I see it's got a Noise Reduction

function. Probably worth while learning how to use that.

Best of luck

Liam

View solution in original post

4 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I'm not familiar with Audio Director, but sure, boosting the level of what you've recorded after the fact is usually OK, if your original recording is clean. I think pretty much any video editing software can do this.

Of course it's better to record at good levels to begin with. You might consider investing in a lavalier mic that connects to your phone (such as the Rode SmartLav+) in order to get a cleaner, louder recording of your voice when recording from a smartphone. 

Go to solution

Thanks, Frank @FrankKane. I am using a lavalier mic and I was quite happy with the clarity. Udemy thought I have echo and need a bit more volume. Compared to other courses, I thought my audio was ok as I've heard major echo on some. But I'm  not aiming for mediocracy, I know many have great audio

But I have chosen a room where I can produce the best talking head video. The acoustics are not the best because it has hard floor.

I also need to watch for clothing rustle and improve my placement of my mic.

LL

Go to solution

Hi Lizzy.

Yes it's fine to turn up your audio after recording. However you will also turn up any

noise that is present as well.

I had a quick look at the manual for Audio Director and I see it's got a Noise Reduction

function. Probably worth while learning how to use that.

Best of luck

Liam

Go to solution

Thanks @LiamDavin1 for your advice. I will take a look at that and see if I can get the balance right with noise reduction and volume.

LL
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.