Automatic Subtile Translations

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Subtile Translations

Hey Everyone!

As super happy Udemy instructor, I am wondering if Udemy auto translates subtitles from English to an other language?   

As an example below, this course is taught in English and has 25 other languages where it says {Auto}.  

Untitled.png

That would imply that Udemy does it automatically--which would be incredible! 

But I can't find out how or even if that is possible. 

Thank you so much!

Brad

7 Replies
Leonor C.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @BradCartwright 

Happy to help! Udemy will automatically generate subtitles in a different laguage once the course has at least 20 subscribers from the specific region. For more information, take a look into this article: 

Happy teachings!

Kindest regards,

Leonor

Udemy moderation team

Excellent news, thank you @Leonor C.!

Quick Question:  Since I have nearly 7,000 students and over 2,000 on one course, do I need to proactively set the translations to a particular language so that it tells Udemy to translate them?  In other words, I have hundreds of students from India but that automatic translation has never set it.  Do I need to select Hindi on the caption page and then it will start counting from there until it Auto Translates?

Thanks a bunch,

Brad

Hi @Leonor C.,

As a follow up, each of my courses have enough enrollments from various parts of the world--100s or 1000s in some cases.  

Are you able to help me active the auto-translation function?  I think it would really drive additional sales as my courses in Economics are pretty universally desired.

Please advise!

Brad

@Leonor C. - that article is for auto-generated subtitles in the primary language, not auto-translated subtitles into other languages.

@BradCartwright - Udemy can do it, but it is very hit-and-miss. One of my courses has 25 auto-translated subtitles (with 79,119 students), but another with 4,710 students only has English. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to ask Udemy to do this.

Phillip

@PhillipBurton, thank you very much for the response!  For the course that has 25 auto-translated subtitles, did you have to proactively set the captions to specific languages first--and that told Udemy to auto translate or did it simply happen automaticially?

Brad

It just happened.

Ok, great.  Thanks Phillip!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors