Camtasia Audio/Video Out Of Sync Temporarily Solved With OBS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camtasia Audio/Video Out Of Sync Temporarily Solved With OBS

Happy Wednesday!

Recently I did a live stream directly from the Restream studio and although I was streaming at 720p 60fps, the stream at all my destinations was blurry and laggy. I ran some tests and it appears I have  CPU issues - yikes!

Yesterday I recorded a lecture using my regular audio and video settings and using the Camtasia recorder. When I started to edit the video in Camtasia my audio and video were completely out of sync. Last week I was not having this issue and I did not change any settings.

It's my 6-year-old CPU - it's time for an upgrade since we work with so much video and live streaming.

Temporary Solution: 

Record my lectures using OBS then edit in Camtasia. OBS is much less resource-intensive and I can create multiple scenes. Even when I stream using OBS the destinations receive nice clear 1080p 60fps (a little overkill, I think 30fps is enough for Excel lectures).😁

After Black Friday I will purchase a new computer. Woo-hoo!💥🚀

Don't Get Mad...Get Skills!

💪😁🌴🤙

3 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice! Despite the issues, you persisted and found a solution. Thanks for sharing, Billy! 🙂

DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

You are da star man @BillyWigley  😁😎

@DeniseFletcher now you know what to do just in case your Live Stream starts going out of whack due to your computer. 😁 Make it a great day!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.